Menu
Gobertron
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Xbox live disconnects every 20 mins, XBOX ONE

I've had my xbox one almost 12 months and had no issues however over the last month whenever I'm playing multiplayer I can play for 15-20 mins and I get kicked back to the home screen and have the message your are not connected to xbox live. It then immediately connects me to xbox live and re-signs me in. My nat type is open and when I run a test it says multiplayer is working fine. I've tried restarting router and resetting my xbox one but still the same issue. My friend suggested accessing my router and changing setting but when I put the router add in on my laptop it says page can not be displayed. I know my laptop is connected to the internet as in selecting the address from the virgin media website. Please help.

Ps. I have a super hub 2.

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Xbox live disconnects every 20 mins, XBOX ONE

Hi Gobertron,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums, though sorry to hear of the problem you're having with disconnects from your X-box one.

I've run a few checks on your connection and can see a possible problem with low downstream power levels reported by your Superhub which may cause issues.

I think the best bet here is we arrange for an engineer visit to get the levels checked and adjusted and go from there, I'll drop you a Private Message (red envelope Upper left hand corner) so we can this booked in for you.

Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gobertron,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums, though sorry to hear of the problem you're having with disconnects from your X-box one.

I've run a few checks on your connection and can see a possible problem with low downstream power levels reported by your Superhub which may cause issues.

I think the best bet here is we arrange for an engineer visit to get the levels checked and adjusted and go from there, I'll drop you a Private Message (red envelope Upper left hand corner) so we can this booked in for you.

Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

hyder641
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

hi, i am having the exact same issue as described above. and was wondering if its possible to get some help as well.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello hyder641

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are suffering Xbox disconnections, we will take a look.

The line and modem test good and the area historical data is looking good also.

Please would you tell us some more about your setup, are you using wired or wireless for example?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Gobertron
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It seems ok now. I called virgin support an they have done something with the ports. I've also had to use the Ethernet cable. However this has now meant that my ps4 is suffering and I can only get a nat type 3 so can't play online in my ps4. I'll call and arrange an engineer. Thanks for your advice.
0 Kudos
danny_sivo
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issues also. Its over 2 networks however. My home network and also in my girlfriends house, both are Virgin Media with Superhub 2 and a Wireless Connection.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Danny_Sivo,

The last two words of your post give the game away completely. If you're gaming on a wireless connection, you're going to get drop outs. Have you tried wired at all? 

If wired isn't an option for some reason you can look into power line adapters or try improving the wireless connection by changing channels. As this is an Xbox one too you should try port forwarding, putting the hubs wireless into 54mbps mode (this will affect the wireless speed too) and enabling IP-Sec passthrough in the firewall.

Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
danny_sivo
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying mate. Can't connect wired unfortunately! Tried everything you have stated and its not helping! Thought It was the Xbox itself but I connected to my iPhone hotspot and it worked fine.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Danny_Sivo,

Sorry to hear that hasn't worked. I'd still recommend looking into power line adapters but in the mean time lets look into what exactly is happening with your connection. When the connection drops do you get an error message on the xbox? Also is it only the xbox that drops out or do other devices drop at the same time?

0 Kudos
watford8
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hey I know this was posted a long time ago, but i'm having the same problem as the original poster. I just tried my xbox one at a friends house with VM and it was fine, but no matter what i try when im at home I get kicked out every 10 minutes or so. Please help

0 Kudos