Menu
Lucyhart1989
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Worst customer service and slowest speed ever utilisation fault for a year+

Hi I was just wondering if this will ever be fixed?!?? I've been getting low speeds of 0.23mbps to 12mbps for just over a year (jan2016-now) and only now have I been told by an engineer that came to my property that it's a utilisation fault and they are aware and it will be fixed within 10 days. This is after me calling 2-3 times daily for months and months now just to get 20 different stories of what's going on and not one of these phone operators told me it was a utilisation fault. I was just passed around from pillar to post talking to people who don't have a clue about the tech they are talking about. And one call to an Indian call centre I had to listen to the man chewing food and clapping and cheering in the background as if they were having a party while I was completely stressed tears flooding and ready to scratch my own eyes out. They have caused so much pain, upset, misery and arguments in my house it's unbelievable. I am desperate I need high speed internet that's what I pay for and that's what I expect. I can't go elsewhere as the speeds are just not good enough for me and my partner. We work from home and need a fast connection 24/7 that can withstand us both gaming online at the same time or we can't do our job or get paid.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Worst customer service and slowest speed ever utilisation fault for a year+

The interesting thing is that whoever you speak to at VM does have access to info about faults with your service. I've spoken to just about every aspect of VM sales and customer service and if you press them hard enough they will eventually give you the fault reference. I recently had a sales call from India and the rep was trying to persuade me to upgrade my TV package. I told him there was a fault with my broadband and until it was fixed there was no chance I would upgrade. He kindly offered to send out an engineer to fix the problem, but I told him there was a utilisation fault that an engineer couldn't fix by visiting my home. He was able to look it up and confirm that was the case. He, just like customer services in the U.K., told me that it would be "fixed" on 29.03.17, but the forum team here will only say that this is a review date.

All I can say is good luck with getting your broadband fixed. Someone from VM should get back to you on this forum in about a week (!)  and they will give you a fault reference if there is a problem. The best that you can hope for is a discount on your bill and a swift resolution to the fault. If it's a utilisation problem you could be waiting a long time. Some people here have been waiting over two years for a fix with numerous "reviews" coming and going with no perceptible change to their service.

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016

All Replies
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The interesting thing is that whoever you speak to at VM does have access to info about faults with your service. I've spoken to just about every aspect of VM sales and customer service and if you press them hard enough they will eventually give you the fault reference. I recently had a sales call from India and the rep was trying to persuade me to upgrade my TV package. I told him there was a fault with my broadband and until it was fixed there was no chance I would upgrade. He kindly offered to send out an engineer to fix the problem, but I told him there was a utilisation fault that an engineer couldn't fix by visiting my home. He was able to look it up and confirm that was the case. He, just like customer services in the U.K., told me that it would be "fixed" on 29.03.17, but the forum team here will only say that this is a review date.

All I can say is good luck with getting your broadband fixed. Someone from VM should get back to you on this forum in about a week (!)  and they will give you a fault reference if there is a problem. The best that you can hope for is a discount on your bill and a swift resolution to the fault. If it's a utilisation problem you could be waiting a long time. Some people here have been waiting over two years for a fix with numerous "reviews" coming and going with no perceptible change to their service.

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
Lucyhart1989
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your message a discount and a SWIFT fix will make me the happiest girl alive as this has caused so much crap I know it sounds like I'm being a drama queen but it's gone on so long and so many phone calls that lead nowhere and countless Indian phone operators that know very little. When I call I expect someone who knows more than me but that never happens I must be a genius lol we called again today and got passed to 3 different Indians before they gave us to an English disconnections operator who was very nice and found the whole story disgusting how we've been treated she spoke around and found nothing no one seems to know a thing but she spoke to our area manager who also found the whole situation appalling and hopefully something will be done now
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Evening Lucyhart1989,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies you are having an issue with your broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

Looking at your connection, I am unable to see any apparent issues that would cause your speeds to drop this low. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low, which is good.

Is it only in the evenings you notice this?

Are you testing through a wired or wireless connection?

If you can complete a speed test on speedtest.net, select the default server and post a link/screenshot of the results, that would be helpful.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos