Menu
willcbouttat
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Worst connection at night 200mb

My connection is so bad at night at 2mb download and 20 upload on a gamers package. It's fine during the day around 12 noon. But during the night it's not stable as I got the box outside my place and all the other users is connected to it. If you could check and get a engineer to check it and get a new box out n wire so it could handle it
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Worst connection at night 200mb

Hi willcbouttat,

Thanks for posting on the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds during the evenings.

I've checked your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low.

I can see that you are using the Hub in modem mode, are you using your own equipment for the wireless network?

Have you completed a speed test direct to the Hub without your equipment attached to see if there is a difference in speeds?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
willcbouttat
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

Yes I've check that with the super hub 3.0 it's getting the same amount of speed. I presume there's something wrong as the engineered came today and can't sort the problem out. I don't understand why

Regards will
0 Kudos
Proteus
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Most posters on these boards have the exact same issue. It is not a problem with the router/modem, it is simply a problem with your network.

Your company has over-subscribed its services and now we're paying up to £43 for broadband speeds that are the same as we got from Blueyonder fifteen years ago.

Rather than making each user jump through a ridiculous maze of useless hoops by asking them to turn the modem off and on again or by making them traverse the rigmarole of calling support and pointlessly testing the network - can you please, go to your manager or whoever is in charge and ask them to give a proper statement and inform users with proper compensation and of the real reason they have not received their contracted speeds in the evenings for the past six months?

It would make life so much easier if we don't have to do this whole song and dance when we all know there is likely no problem with the equipment or the traceroute, it is simply that a huge mistake has been made by Virgin Media and there is not enough bandwidth to deliver contracted speeds so we're being throttled. In my case, my internet is 150 times slow. I get 1mbps currently.

0 Kudos
Proteus
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You're being fobbed off mate. They know what the problem is, they just don't want you to know.
0 Kudos