Menu
PNAJ
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Woeful Broadband Speed - Bromley …. VM Fraud

The broadband speed in Bromley remains woefully low. The only constant being the single figure download speed.

I am one of the many who for far too long has been receiving a monthly rebate from Virgin as they are unable to deliver the broadband speed advertised. Not only is the speed in single figures Virgin now have the audacity to advertise and promise 200MB by the end of January 2017? 

Virgin state the cost of broadband as part of a monthly package is £10! Does any one know the actual value of broadband within their monthly charge or receive more than £10?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Woeful Broadband Speed - Bromley …. VM Fraud

Hi PNAJ, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your speeds. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F003259558 for slow speeds at peak times. I have popped the details across to the team who deal with this type of issue and they will contact you as soon as they can with some more information. The current review date is 05/04/2017. 

I am sure that isn't the news you would have liked to see my apologies for this. 

Do you find that the speed is slow during non-peak hours? 

If so try the Hub in Modem only mode with the computer in safe mode with networking and let us know if this makes a difference. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
thepixel
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PNAJ

You have the same fault as me. Just so you know this has been an ongoing battle since November 2014! Been chasing since then with this fault number.

Bromley has been massively oversubscribed, can't cope. All they do is seem to do is review the issue. Oh look the problems still there, lets just finish our tea and biscuits in the meeting and review the issue again in 3 months, lets push the review date back again. Next meeting I might have a chocolate digestive.

It's disgusting! How they have the audacity to still sell knowing it's oversubscribed and can't cope.

I gave up attempting to use my internet last night. 1.3 Seconds of latency and 0.4mb down on a 100mbit connection. Yer thanks virgin!

It's clear the whole network is not upto the task, yet don't worry we will offer you a 200mb connection but you just cant use it between 4pm and 1am

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have had the issue since 2014 also. My connection has got even worse this year with speeds dropping to less than 1Mbps at peak time.

I spoke with the complaints team a few days ago who admitted to me they are still selling their " Deals " in the area.

I am switching ASAP due to them selling it still as there is no way i will pay a company who commits fraud like that.

0 Kudos
deanchapman
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you are reading this and thinking of getting Superfast Virgin Media, then STOP, sign-up with another provider

The Service in Bromley is utterly hopeless at peak hours  and has been for some time, I am lucky if I get 1Mbps

Virgin seem helpful but are unable to resolve the issue and yes I agree, it is a fraud.  VM offer you supposedly 'free' upgrades every so often, which they are unable to deliver, then raise the price with the justification that the speed has improved - Well it hasn't - I can get 20Mbps on my 3G mobile - That is at least 20 x faster than this hopeless broadband that Virgin Media rip me off for

Sort it out Virgin Media

0 Kudos