Menu
S200fen
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wn3 area 01 speed pathetic

Why is my speed constantly running less than 2 Mbps ? Overuse oversubscribed and no sign of a fix ? Yet price gone up and speed increased . Not in my area it's got constantly worse since March 16 with no fix
kenzone62
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wn3 area 01 speed pathetic

hi i am in wa3 area 3mbps should be upto 50 mbps just canceled my service after bad conection for a few months spent hours trying to resolve being passed on & on and lied to and laughed at there taking the **bleep** been with telewest blueyonder virgin about 15 years broadband gone to pot charged me £7.36 for a local 70 minuite call gave my 30 day notice going to sky fiber best deal customer service has gone to pot engeneers not intrested & lie BYE BYE lookslikethis company started employing monkeys 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi S200fen, 

Thanks for the post! Sorry to learn that your broadband is constantly running less than 2 Mbps, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have run some checks from my end and I noticed that your area cable seems to suffer from some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're currently planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours. The reference number for this is F003066490 and is currently scheduled to be reviewed around the beginning of December. 

Should you require any further updates on this, post back on the forums around that time and we'll be more than happy to take a look at things for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
S200fen
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Geat news that you have taken the time too look at this issue , F003066490 has been happening since march and has had multiple reviews only for the work to be pushed further back . Obviously my problem isn't valued highly enough to be rectified , the Infrastructure is not fit for purpose to provide the acclaimed 76mbps continuously . I do not get service I pay for , and am tired of hearing it's being reviewed .. I've taken my service to the competitor to See if they can provide a service fit for use . Unhappy
0 Kudos
LokiDog
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's more lilkely that BT Fibre isn't available in your location so they feel at no rush to fix it -- who are you going to go to?

WN6 here and can only get upto 4mb with any other provider, BT hasn't upgraded near me yet.

My son lives in WN5 and has no issues with his VM connection, not a shock to say BT Fibre is availble to him.

They know they have you buy the nads.

It would be intersting to know if the availabilty of BT Fibre to people with or without peak time problems.

I'm pretty sure there would be a pattern.

0 Kudos
kenzone62
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

yes mine cancelled ends in a couple days BT inf installed Friday morning ,cheaper faster and a  125 qwid credit card cash back lol  ,Yes the called me a few times offering me offer land line and tv  i dont use there tv or landline  just wanted a fast reliable broadband they could not supply was paying for 50mbps getting less than 10 no refunds no joy with phone calls complaints bye bye after 16 years telewest - virgin  

0 Kudos
kenzone62
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

wa3 area golborne
0 Kudos