Menu
kxvzvx
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wifi way too slow

I've got a virgin super hub which used to perform flawlessly, but now it's completely awful. I'm having to use my mobile data in my own home at times. I tested my wifi and the speed has gone from 45mbps download and 20 ping to 5mbps download with 34 ping.
What would be causing this? There haven't been any changes or anything in the local area that would affect this that I'm aware of and it's definitely not any of the devices in my house causing it
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi way too slow

Have you tried any wired speed tests to see if it is just the wireless that is slow?  If wired speeds were also slow it could be a fault on your line, rather than a wireless issue.

Are you seeing slow speeds all day or only at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends)? Some areas are suffering with over utilisation, which results in very slow speeds at peak times but full speed at off peak times.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi way too slow

Hi kxvzvx, 

Thansk for getting in touch, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with your wireless connection. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

Are you having the same trouble with a wired connection? Pop the hub into modem only mode with the computer in safe mode with networking and let us know if it makes a difference. 

It may also help to take a look at our wireless tips

Let us know how you are getting on. 

All the best. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos