Menu
MariaSantos
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wifi issues

Hello, 

So I have recently joined Virgin Media and had my set up date past weekend. 

I have noticed one major issue. During the day I get amazing speeds, 70-98mbps but as soon as it hits around 5pm forget even reaching 3mbps. It dips so low. I am really upset about this as my family want to use the WiFi at around that time and we can barely load a page. 

Would really like this problem resolved as I came from BT because I was not happy with the way they were treating me as a loyal customer more than 10 years. May I also mention they consistently supplied me with 35-45mbps anytime, everyday. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AnyonebutVM
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi issues

Hi,

Welcome to the community. You have discovered what virgin refer to as 'over-utilisation' issues.

Basically virgin can't cope with demand at peak times in some areas, you must live in one of these. Rather than fix the problem you will find they deal with it in the following ways:

1. Ask you to reset your box
2. Send a cable to test your wired connection
3. Admit they are crap and offer you a 20% discount
4. Claim they are working on the issue and set a review date a few months in the future
5. When that dates comes and goes, repeat steps 3&4, or repeat steps 1&2 also just for fun.
6. Tell you to stop complaining as you are getting great speeds off-peak
7. Spend millions on advertising to entice new customers to make the problems worse

If you were getting consistent speeds from BT I'd probably just go back to them. Virgin will promise you the world, but if you are already suffering at peak times it will not improve anytime soon.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please do not creare duplicate threads as it adds to the VM Staff workload slowing the VM  response tme for you and others.

I have replied to your other thread here  including how to check for contention issues.

0 Kudos
MariaSantos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. I will see how it goes. Hopefully I will get a response. But unfortunately from what I've seen on other posts, what you said is actually true.
0 Kudos
MariaSantos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I apologise. I was not 100% sure if the first post went up. I am still getting used to this forum. I have just seen that you replied to my other post.
0 Kudos