Menu
mgaulton
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi dropping off

Over the last few months my wifi signal is dropping off more and more. I have followed all the tips and spoken to technicians on a number of occasions with no success. How do I get my 2a hub replaced with a 3 to see if that makes any difference?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi dropping off

If you've got the 2ac you don't want the 3 in its current state.

If you are desperate for it for whatever reason then call up and try asking for one.

Ultimately the wifi on all the superhubs is entry level and if you are going to rely on wifi, you should look at investing in your own good .3rd party router, don't skimp out as if you goncheap it's likely not going to be better than the superhub.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you've got the 2ac you don't want the 3 in its current state.

If you are desperate for it for whatever reason then call up and try asking for one.

Ultimately the wifi on all the superhubs is entry level and if you are going to rely on wifi, you should look at investing in your own good .3rd party router, don't skimp out as if you goncheap it's likely not going to be better than the superhub.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Bolto
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dont bother with the hub 3 just had mine replaced as hub 2 died hub3 is worse never had a problem with wi fi drop out until I got this one.
lynyona
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have got a stand alone router its not a  really cheap one but not the bees knees was given it by a friend  wi fi still keeps dropping out signal upstairs is nearly none existent but I was told its best to buy a real expensive one to benefit looked at some think cheapest was about £150 I already begrudge every penny I pay on VM services. if it was up to me id get rid of the whole lot as we don't really use the phone much or watch the TV. Guess there's to many devices on it,, I need a new computer, my room is set out wrong or there are to many other broadband providers in my area conflicting with it ..hey how..I looked at BT and the only speed in my area is 17m and id expect to get 6m at the outset . On the other hand I did a speed test in the week  mid afternoon and it said congratulations you are getting a higher speed than other customers in the Yorkshire and Humber area