Menu
woz71
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Peak Time Speed

I am paying for 200mbs but only seem to get that out of peak times , if i test using speedtest.net at 2 in the morning i get over 200mbs but from about 4pm till late i am lucky to get 50mbs , i had monitored this for a few weeks and the slow speeds were quite consistent , i raised this with VM and they promptly sent out an engineer who when tested inside my property got 200mbs , i then tested on my device and got 200mbs whilst he was there (so he left saying there was no problem ) but less than a week later this dropped down to max 50mbs and its been the same since he left (approx a month ago) i too am now getting a little peeved by not getting what i pay for , i also have a powerline adapter for use in the garage and even with that only get max 50mbs , sometimes the wifi is better than the wired connection which i cant understand but never goes above 50mbs, i can get 200mbs all over the house with wifi at 2am but in normal usage times only get max 50 unless i use the pc next to the SH3 which is wired with a 2m ethernet cable (this always gets 200mbs regardless of time ) i am not bothered if it drops slightly during peak but only getting a quarter of what i pay for when i/we would usually use it i think is a little poor (especially with prices rising and service declining)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Peak Time Speed

Really sorry to hear about this woz71,

I'd like to look into this for you.

To allow me to do so, could you respond via private message with the following information?:

• Please can you confirm your name and if you are the account holder?
  • Home address

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for getting back to me, Smiley Happy

I've located your account information and your equipment levels, etc., all appear to be within range at the moment. 

Have things since improved for you at all?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
woz71
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just checked today (Thurs) at 4PM and it is now giving me 200Mbs (Approx) but will continue to check over the next few days

0 Kudos