Menu
ssjjn2017
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WiFi won't work upstairs

I bought my son a ps4 for Xmas, we have just finished doing his bedroom up for him and have finally connected it all up in his bedroom for him however the WiFi signal from the living room downstairs does not seem to reach his bedroom upstairs. He is unable to do any online gaming or connect to the he playstation network.
Our house isn't particularly big just a regular sized semi detached so don't really understand why. Is the range really poor on the virgin routers? Is there anything I can do to resolve this. Please help as I have one very disappointed lad.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi won't work upstairs

Give him the Ethernet cable he deserves as a gamer. Tack it around the skirting board etc.

Anything else and you will end up getting complaints about lag spikes and instability, higher ping etc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
lynyona
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi won't work upstairs

We ve got a stand alone router which does make the wi fi better than just the  Virgin hub. But until recently we have always got good wi fi upstairs but the last few months its been nearly none existent we tried a wi fi signal booster that a friend suggested it didn't make a difference. If it is practical I would do the wired connection .We ve got another TV box upstairs which is handy as the wire for the games console fits behind it so not to unsightly.

0 Kudos