Menu
Summerday
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Why is my 70 mg dropping to 30 meg

Why are my speeds dropping from 70 mg to approx 30 mg on my tv  causing Netflix to freeze

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is my 70 mg dropping to 30 meg

Hi Summerday,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and everything is looking great at this end. Your signal levels are all within spec and there are no issues with the network in your area.

Are you connected wired or wirelessly?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Summerday
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you I have a t box hard wired through a t box    but signal is weak  approx 35 KGB  . If you are saying your end of signal is fine   why or what more can I do to improve,another router?  or a cable from street  it is nearer to your cable inlet from street

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey Summerday,

Thanks for getting back in touch Smiley Happy

Apologies for the connection problems. Just to confirm, you're having problems with your smart TV connection which is hard-wired? Do any of your other devices have problems? Have you tried a different cable /  Ethernet port?

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
Summerday
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have tried all these thinks unfortunatly no go  that's why I asked about cable or router

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Summerday,

Thanks for replying Smiley Happy

Sorry to repeat myself I just want to ensure I'm diagnosing this correctly, can I just check that all your other connections are working normally? This will rule out the equipment being at fault. If you need an additional cable let me know and I can send one out to you.

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
Summerday
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Heather I have turned off equipment and router , the tv is approx  10 ft  away from  your router   at my computer I m currently using a t p box to boost signal   Connected with a   Ethernet cable  when I've checked the signal strength it's between 30 to 35 meg when Netflix stops  I can get the signal back if I switch off tv at plug wait 60 secs a recommendation by Netflix it will restart but could stop again after 30 min  l hope you can understand my frustration  and will be able to assist   Duncan

0 Kudos
Summerday
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Dear  Heather ,Why does virgin. always  stop at this point  if you. Look at all previous correspondence   Itstops at this point and don't say get another router or get another connection from the street  could you please answer this's question 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Summerday,

Thank you for getting in touch, I am sorry to see that you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I am unsure as to why you have not had correspondence past this point previously, please do accept my apologies for this. I am sure it is not by design.

In order for me to better understand your query more full please advise of the following:

• Are you having trouble with the Broadband or with a TiVo® box or both? 
  • If broadband are you having trouble with any other streaming sites?
  • If TiVo® do you have any trouble with any other TiVo® services?

Apologies if you have already answered some of these questions I just want to get a clear picture in my mind. 

I have taken a look at your broadband connection and all seems fine from this side. 

If it is a broadband connection you are having trouble with it may help to see a trace route to the Netflix site and a BQM so we can get a general idea of your connection and how it seems from your side. (Please be aware link is external and we're not responsible for its contents). 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Summerday
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I use an Ethernet cable to TVs  I have asked Panasonic  tv they say if other apps are working then as Netflix uses same as other apps .  I don't have a tvoe box  .

0 Kudos