Menu
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 1 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Why does it take so long to fix contention faults?

My F Number was opened in December 2014. VM added extra downstream channels in October 2015 (10 months), which didn't cure the problem. Since then, they've done nothing (To my knowledge.). Planning permission, I hear you say. No, VM can dig up roads and footpaths with a few days notice to your local council, the same as any other utility company. "We need to assess what work has to be done." No, VM know what needs to be done, as the same problems are popping up all over the country, and have been for years. And yet, VM are quite happy to sign up new customers in these over subscribed areas, which only makes things worse. And, don't start me off about how VM are happy to spend millions on their aggressive marketing campaigns, but not on their infrastructure. So, how about it VM. Why does it take so long?
F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos
Parki79
Rising star
Message 2 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does it take so long to fix contention faults?

Virgin will make the excuse that these are very complicated but when most faults have been open for over a year and now a lot over the 2 year mark then the excuses do not really hold up. Could understand it for 3-6 months but anything longer than that and it is still too complicated then they need to go and get some people who understand what it is that is required and makes them look incompetent.

They use things like staff, but they use subbies for a lot of their upgrade works. And for planning most of what they require could be done in a month.

I have been told it is down to the budget they have for upgrades. I have asked if there will be an increased budget for this in the future but have not had an answer. It will be down to the fact that they do not care about their bad reputation in these areas, something they will never get back. Just think they are relying on new customers and do not care how unhappy their existing customers are.

It is a very bizarre situation and it will come crashing down on them at some point.

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 3 of 91
Flag for a moderator

And then there's the other thing that really gets up my nose: "You can't have your free upgrade until (Add far off date here.), as your area has problems. But, you can upgrade to 200meg's today if you pay extra for it. You won't get the 200meg's due to the problems, but we'll sell it to you anyway, and make the situation even worse for everyone in your area."

Parki79
Rising star
Message 4 of 91
Flag for a moderator

We need to get the other post answered and a response from someone in Management as this will just carry on and on without any real feedback. Such an absolute shambles, I think even the Forum team are embarrassed by their part in all of this too.

pete7049
Well-informed
Message 5 of 91
Flag for a moderator

As expected, no reply from VM.

Parki79
Rising star
Message 6 of 91
Flag for a moderator

There won't ever be a direct answer to any questions. They will be ignored, and nothing will ever happen. Be nice to have some answers to what paying customers are asking though, not like they are unreasonable questions is it.

pete7049
Well-informed
Message 7 of 91
Flag for a moderator

There's more secrecy with VM, than there was for the D Day landings.

Parki79
Rising star
Message 8 of 91
Flag for a moderator

If VM were in charge of the War effort the D Day landings would still be ongoing as it was complicated and everything wasn't quite in place. A new review date would have been given to the Germans, but they would have eventually have got sick of waiting.

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 9 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Parki79 wrote:

We need to get the other post answered and a response from someone in Management as this will just carry on and on without any real feedback. Such an absolute shambles, I think even the Forum team are embarrassed by their part in all of this too.

Come on, you know as well as I do, Hell will freeze over before VM will EVER admit to any problems..

Always, always some 'excuse'. Always always WORDS, but never any ACTION... Sick to death of PROMISES, that are nothing more than WORDS that mean NOTHING!!

As long as they are allowed to 'rip off' customers and get away with it, they will carry on doing so...

They STILL persist in selling a SERVICE THAT THEY CANNOT PROVIDE, into areas already heavily 'overutilised'  just making them worse, yet, they do not care, they are not interested. 

Money, money, money, is all they are interested in.. We all know it, yet VM refuse to admit it...Smiley Tongue

staff will not comment on these sort of posts, and stay well away from them, as they know the real situation, and that by not getting involved, the post will hopefully just die, rather than keep getting responses..

There are no 'fixes' anywhere, VM have never 'fixed any of these 'overutilisation' faults, they just 'bodge' them for a few months. We all know this as well!!

fatalexception
Superfast
Message 10 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Hell in Runcorn we've been waiting since 2013 for them to sort out the problems here.