Menu
Dialled in
Message 11 of 20 (270 Views)

Re: Why did you lower my package?

[ Edited ]

Spoke to Live chat and they re-upgraded me back to original speed.

I'd still like a member of staff to comment on the over utilisation in the area and when it will be fixed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 12 of 20 (236 Views)

Hi OokraMoO,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies for the issue you had with the broadband package change (glad this has been dealt with) and for the slow broadband speeds.

I've checked the high peak time traffic fault in your area (F004406926) and our engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 5th April.

To discuss this further I have sent you a PM which you can find by clicking on the purple envelope icon in the right corner.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 13 of 20 (216 Views)

I've replied to the PM's etc.

Speed is getting worse, internet is now in an unfit state and cannot be used for anything except general browsing which still is taking ages.

Upload faster than Download is kind of funny tbh, so bad.

This same thing has happened now for 4 years in a row, over subscribe my area, take 6 months to fix it, 3-4 months of good internet then back to over subscribing my area.

I see the pattern so why can't Virgin Media?

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 14 of 20 (185 Views)

Are you guys serious right now?

2.5% of the speed I'm supposed to be getting.

Would it be okay if I only paid you 2.5% of the bill?!?!?!?!

The internet is not fit for use, it took me 15 minutes just to load that Speedtest page.... how is this not illegal.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 15 of 20 (162 Views)

Hey OokraMoO,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear about how your connection is being affected by an area fault, this is really frustrating. I wish I could give you better news, but until the fault ticket it reviewed, we have no further information.

Please would you bump this post on or after the review date for us to check again.

Thanks for your patience.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 16 of 20 (148 Views)

m Re: Why did you lower my package?

[ Edited ]

Look I'm all for being polite and civil, but this is beyond a joke. I come home from work to relax and do some gaming and THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH

Look at the ping bottom right of the net_graph. The server even moves me to spectate multiple times because my lag is so bad!

And this happens every year for the past 3 or 4 years for 6 months at a time, I get 6 months of this, then you fix the over subscribed network in the area, then continue signing people up and ruining it again. 

Who is in charge? Do they have no foresight? No projections with a growth:network infrastructure ratio? Is it just because I don't live in London you don't care? Why does it happen every year....... once is an oversight but 4 times? that's just gross negligence/ignorance.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 17 of 20 (119 Views)

Re: m Re: Why did you lower my package?

Hey OokraMoO,

Thanks for a quick reply Smiley Happy

I completely appreciate this is frustrating and if I had any way of quicken up the process, I would certainly do so.

Thanks again for your continued patience, please keep in touch for progress updates.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 18 of 20 (109 Views)

I would ring up and ask for a payment reduction, quoting this topic including the fault reference number and estimated fix date.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 19 of 20 (90 Views)

You could ask for a payment reduction as Seffrid said or, as its so bad if you wanted to cancel your contract VM should let you leave with no fee's due to not getting even 10% of your speed. 

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 20 of 20 (48 Views)

Review date is tomorrow, usually takes you a week to respond so I'll ask now

Has it been pushed further like usual with Virgin Media?

0 Kudos