Menu
Bigjim091971
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why are the speeds constantly low

We pay a small fortune for our package which is XL everything a- well over 100 per month and yet since we were boosted for free our broadband speed is either constantly slow or intermittent. Every time we log on there is a warning of some problem in the area with a fix time but it never solves the slow or intermittent service. we should be getting 250 meg and are lucky to be getting 20. tried all the usual nonsense and reported it but still slow.maybe 1 day a month it speeds up then reverts back to beau g rubbish. At the end of my tether now. 

zoew
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why are the speeds constantly low

It's slow because Virgin is very happy to make you pay for a certain speed and not actually ever provide that speed. We've had the same problem. We're taking it through the Ombudsman now because Virgin can't be bothered to engage in a conversation with us to sort it out nicely. Honestly, you'd struggle to find a worse company to deal with.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why are the speeds constantly low

Afternoon Bigjim091971,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the slow broadband speeds you have been experiencing. I know how frustrating this can be.

Looking at the network, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which can cause slow speeds. However work has been completed which has seen you move onto a different cable and the traffic is now much better.

Have you noticed an improvement with the speeds at all? 

Are you testing through a wired or wireless connection?

Does this happen at all times of the day or at certain times?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos