Menu
RealChris
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why am I getting 2.5G speeds?

Why is my ping consistently >396ms? Why is 4G faster than my broadband? Why does my speed drop to 128kb/s at night and my connection drop during the day? Why is my upload speed faster than my download speed? Are these common questions for VM customers?

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 23.21.45.png

Very, very poor. My upstream levels are fine, downstream slightly on the high side (7/8) but I've seen 220 with those power levels before. What's going on?

Fastest speed of the night at speed test (dot) net / my-result / 5782968834 if image blocked. Tested with Ethernet.

0 Kudos
RealChris
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why am I getting 2.5G speeds?

BQM attached, minimum ping through the roof... Alternates between reasonable and insanely bad connectivity.

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 23.30.47.png

0 Kudos
LokiDog
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's normal, totally nothing to worry about.

Just use the internet when you're asleep to get the best out of your connection, stop making it worse for people that want to use it when they are awake.

They have loads of bandwidth sitting around all night doing nothing, it's people like you that expect to use it when you are sat relaxed after a hard days work that are ruining it for the rest.

RealChris
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant answer. I'd mark it as the best answer if that screenshot wasn't from 11:30PM...
0 Kudos
LokiDog
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If that's a screen shot I'm wondering how wide screen your monitor is and that you may have it on its side.

11.30pm is still in peak time

0 Kudos