Menu
vivid200missing
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Where is my speed boost

Got this since middle of 2016: "Your speed upgrade will be ready to take your connection from up to 152Mbps to up to 200Mbps. It's all thanks to DOCSIS® - the magic in our cables. Look out for it between December 2016 and December 2016" - Have spoke to your customer service and as usuall they can't explain what's going on - It's middle of FEB 2017 !! Any ideas how to deal with this? 

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
eggfriedcheese
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Where is my speed boost

So if the boost is ready, there should be a button on the website to process this. Failing that, a call to customer services should clarify whether it is applicable or not. The system used has a button which if the upgrade is not available, cannot be applied.

That's maybe the issue you're having right now. May be worth discussing a new package regarding the 200mb service anyhow, may be more beneficial for you, and give you a cheaper price too. Give customer relations a ring - 0345 454 1111 / Option 1, 4, 5. Advise them of the situation and they can look into both options for you.
Dan
Views expressed are solely my own, and do not reflect on Virgin Media directly
If however you feel that my answer is helpful or informative, please click the kudos button below!

All Replies
eggfriedcheese
Dialled in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey vivid200missing,

Speed upgrades will be applicable on accounts after a certain period of time. Using http://keepup.virginmedia.com/speedupgrade have the dates changed? If so, the speed upgrade in your area has been pushed back.

Also, if you are under a welcome offer, in some cases, will not apply until your offer expires.

When the upgrade is available, you will receive an email, and a prompt on your myvm account saying your speed upgrade is ready.

Let us know how you get on
Dan
If however you feel that my answer is helpful or informative, please click the kudos button below!
0 Kudos
vivid200missing
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dan.
That's what I get on this web:

Hold on tight
Your speed boost is ready now!

I'm with VM for more then 9 years now.

MyVM msg since middle of last year: Hold on tight. Your speed boost is on the way…

Your speed upgrade will be ready to take your connection from up to 152Mbps to up to 200Mbps. It's all thanks to DOCSIS® - the magic in our cables. Look out for it between December 2016 and December 2016

Discover more with broadband

0 Kudos
eggfriedcheese
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

So if the boost is ready, there should be a button on the website to process this. Failing that, a call to customer services should clarify whether it is applicable or not. The system used has a button which if the upgrade is not available, cannot be applied.

That's maybe the issue you're having right now. May be worth discussing a new package regarding the 200mb service anyhow, may be more beneficial for you, and give you a cheaper price too. Give customer relations a ring - 0345 454 1111 / Option 1, 4, 5. Advise them of the situation and they can look into both options for you.
Dan
vivid200missing
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dan. Thanks for answer. I have call VM on this number - they have offer me this 200Mbits but I have to pay extra. It confuse me as I though this speed boost will be for free :/
0 Kudos
eggfriedcheese
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sometimes, based on upgrades, there are additional costs. That's likely the reason you've had issues having it activate
Dan
0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you made any changes to your account since the upgrades were first announced back in November 2015? (e.g. any special offers/discounts, or added/removed a service) If so you will no longer be eligible for a free upgrade.

0 Kudos
vivid200missing
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No. Since I have sign a deal with VM (broadband only) in 2010 (moving home originaly I'm with VM sine 2007) I haven't made any changes to package - there was few speed upgrades in a mean time 50->100->120->152 free of charge - Today I call VM and they offer a 200 for additional 7.50 a month - I been inform that I'm Loyal Customer (more than 5years with VM) so my monthly price is lower than usual. I have just look at the prices and I have a 25p discount. Shocking! Smiley Happy I have been offer new super hub 3 for free. 

Btw. MyVM is not showing any upgrade options - saying to call customer service instead. Don't know why .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi vivid200missing, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you on board with us in the Community. Smiley Happy

We'll need to take a look at this for you in more detail. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi vivid200missing, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message and letting me know things are now all resolved. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let me know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos