Menu
NathanStotfold
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Whats wrong with Virgin

Well after reading through the boards it seems virgin is failing a lot of its customers on provision of service.

My speeds have been getting worse and worse for 5-6 months now. tv on demand rarely works, some channels arent working properly and are blocky and unwatchable. mainly kids channels which is a big issue with a 5 year old. 

Internet is unusable 80% of the time, wired or wireless makes no odds. feels like i am on dial up. Have been with cable since NTL so about 15 years.

Did the usual and called up tech only to be on hold for 40 plus minutes then given the run around and passed from pillar to post with no success. 

Finally and engineer came out and reset the tivo box and super hub, Wow what a difference that made...... Absolutely none.

said he would call us in a week to see if there was any improvement, true to his word he did ring a week later. When we told him it made no difference he said he would check our connection in the big green box in the street and would call us to see if there was a marked improvement. well he hasnt called and we are stuck with a **bleep** service... what bothers me most is that it seems as if everyone is having this issue. 

SO realisitically are virgin going to fix these issues or have they taken on too many customers and cant satisfy demand

Have any of you had any resolve or have any of you cancelled and jumped ship

Virgin is gonna los customers in droves

0 Kudos
NathanStotfold
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Whats wrong with Virgin

well it seems that this is a massive problem from what I have read and it seems its not getting dealt with and virgin is probably the most expensive broadband provider so I have written to watchdog to hopefully do a bit of an investigation, maybe worth a few others writing to them. Only takes a minute to fill out a form online. 

Maybe if they get a mention on tv they will pull their fingers out of the harris

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not everyone has problems, but the nature of a support forum tends to be for people with problems.

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
NathanStotfold
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I do agree, I have have good service for years but it would appear from what I have read there are a growing number of people getting zero satisfaction or "support". Your speeds are impressive as were mine but my service has gotten worse and worse without resolve

0 Kudos
NathanStotfold
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I must point out that when I do a speed test it is 20-30mb,  but its not the speed its the fact it keeps dropping out all the time, I dont get 15 minutes of continuous service. then it takes 5 minutes for my internet to come back on line

same with tv

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi NathanStotfold,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your services.

I've located your account and I can see you've got a technician booked to fix this for you. Let me know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if you need anything else.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos