Menu
Krystian_szcz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What is this disgrace

I've had enough with VirginMedia and I want to know what is going on with my internet I'm paying for 200megabits per second so 200/8= 25 so 25megabytes per second is what I should be getting on average and NOT 400KB/S this is a disgrace I pay £45 monthly for this and it's all a scam even TalkTalk is better at this point I want to know what is up with my area, I don't know what area I'm in but I live in Warrington, UK sort this out now.

0 Kudos
Krystian_szcz
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is this disgrace

Still not fixed still getting terrible internet.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Krystian_szcz,

I'm really sorry for your current poor broadband speeds.

Tests of your connection show reveal low modem SNR reported by the Hub which is linked to the intermittent low SNR (signal to noise ratio)  on the upstream segment.

I have escalated this to Networks and shall let you know as soon as they provide me with a fault reference.

I shall be off work for the next 4 days but shall check for updates on my return.

Bye for now,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Krystian_szcz,

I'm back and I've just checked on this for you. The fault reference is F004962065 and today's update indicates that the assigned network technician was due on-site earlier this morning.

I'll check back later today to see if he's submitted his report. I'll get back to you just as soon as we've any news on this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime and I hope you had a lovely xmas Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Krystian_szcz
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok, finally! can you please tell me when the maintenance is finished? Still getting 400kb/s or below and if I'm lucky i get 2mb/s but that's for like 20mins. 

0 Kudos
Krystian_szcz
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

the internet improved quite a bit now up to 7mb/s but still it's not what I'm paying for (25mb/s)

0 Kudos
Krystian_szcz
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

back at 1mb today after my router died on me
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Krystian_szcz, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and fault ref F004962065 has now been resolved and the SNR has now returned to normal levels. 

However I can see that there is a little bit of trouble on the upstreams in your area during peak times. 

I have popped the details across to networks to investigate further and will let you know as soon as I know more. 

How are things looking for you currently? 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Krystian_szcz, 

Just a quick update networks have come back to me and a fault has been raised for slow speeds at peak times, ref F004993508. 

I have popped the details across to the team that deals with this type of issue and they will contact you as soon as they can with some more information. As the fault has only just been raised I do not have more to advise at this time apologies for this. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mojouk1
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

slow speeds at peek times? where have i heard this before? tell your customer the truth please VM, you have no idea when this will be fixed. All you do is give the same standard reply, we will review this in 3 months but we will still try and take full payment unless you spend ages every month trying to call and ask for compensation.