Menu
tsumannai
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well I'm never going to be a VM customer after this hellhole of a contract finishes

I have to stress how much Virgin Media is a scam in my student area, they shouldn't be allowed to advertise the speeds if they are expecting over subscription in my area.

I'm paying for VIVID 200 package and it's overly apparent that most of the day everyone regardless of how much you're paying gets traffic managed to dialup internet. This has been a reoccurring problem in many areas. I've rang up tech a number of times, customer service and relations. Relations said that they can't credit anything back to me as there hasn't been an outage. Well there's an outage right now again, even when it's backup it will still be pretty rubbish internet. Hundreds of students in my area are now complaining as assignments are due soon. 

Good job Virgin media, you've successfully scammed me and thousands of other students yet again. 

TLDR: Live in student area, paying for 200 VIVID, get 1% of what I pay for, called customer relations & services only solution is to pay a huge fine to get out of the contract. Now its dead in my whole area again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Well I'm never going to be a VM customer after this hellhole of a contract finishes

Hi there tsumannai,

Thanks for posting on the community. 

Sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

From checking your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The traffic on the network is running low and there are no faults reported.

If you complete a speed tests through a wired connection, what speeds do you achieve? When using speedtest.net > select the default server and post a screenshot/link of the results please.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

tsumannai
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Well I'm never going to be a VM customer after this hellhole of a contract finishes

Hi, most of the afternoon until late night it's peak is 5mb download and 10mb upload (through ethernet). It's just that VM does not have large enough infrastructure to give the speeds they advertised in the area. I don't think there's anything people can do to help on here since I've gone through all help options.

0 Kudos
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can the mods please stop patronising the forum users? I know you're doing your job, but what you're suggesting isn't the issue!!!!!!!!
tsumannai
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

67e54c8a7cb1affddb9ed220790e42825838094936

It's a beautiful use of me and my housemate's student loans.

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy