Menu
bmc99
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We've won even more awards!

Virgin you are taking the p** here.How can you clame this when the  forum is full of complaints regarding the dial up speeds sorry fiber broadband speed.Less than 1mps is not customer speed satisfaction.Selling broadband packages to over subcribed areas is not Best Broadband provider.The only award you should have got was for taking your loyal customers for mugs yet again award 2016.

Helpful Answers
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: We've won even more awards!

Just leave! its the best thing you will do Smiley Happy I have my 2nd internet now and just waiting to Cancel Virgin but I have had so much downtime they put my bill to 00.00 so why not

0 Kudos

All Replies
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, certainly 'award winning'

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5667912044.png

This, on a 70meg package....

The only award this wins is the 'dogpoo broadband' award, absolute parc!!

In 2 YEARS, I have actually had the speeds I pay for for 3 MONTHS...that's a total of just 12.5%....

for the other 87.5% they have been 15% OR LESS than I pay for!!

Award Winning......who's award??

0 Kudos
kwilczynski
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am a new customer, and this is very true. The service in SW4 area get slower and slower starting from circa 7pm in the evening. The latency and quality is getting worse around this time. It is not possible to watch anything on Netflix and or Amazon Prime Video due to buffering, BBC channels are the same.

The quality deteriorates to the point, where my LTE (4G) offering from Three works far better than 200 Mbps broadband package I pay for (bah, I wish I knew it would not work, before ordering), which is truly depressing given how much it costs.

For example (18/10/2016 at 21:10:00):

Speed test (DigitalOcean in London)Speed test (DigitalOcean in London)

Especially the reply from google.com is worrying, as it shows a clear over-subscription of the service in the area. You can virtually forget about playing anything on-line like e.g. EVE Online, etc. Latency is just too much to handle.

Granted, it works nice at 6am in the morning, but who cares around this time? The service is most impacted when people are trying to enjoy their evenings and relax.

I am on a 802.11ac (5GHz) on a non-overlapping channel, and I have tried both 20MHz and 40MHz width of the channels to get the most out of it, and to keep decent SNR (since my neighbours all seem to live on 2.4 GHz at channel 6, LOL).

And... it does not work well, and often it is extremely frustrating.

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just leave! its the best thing you will do Smiley Happy I have my 2nd internet now and just waiting to Cancel Virgin but I have had so much downtime they put my bill to 00.00 so why not

0 Kudos
Androg56
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I changed my package from a 150 to a 100 and receive exactly the same speeds, for less.3 years they sent promised upgrade dates. Nothing has changed in fact its deteriorating.
Speeds of 2.8 ish around
D 9 pm most nights.
Disgruntled...
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They won other awards as well.

Fastest mobile phone internet connection

Fewest mobile porting faults

Best and most understood underwriting service for mobile phone contracts

Most robust mobile phone ordering service

Most truthful call centre staff, most promises kept to customers

Oh I could just go on and on, I'll add just one more

Best employer of call centre staff
kevinV
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You forgot

worst promise to deliver award

or

failing to provide anywhere near the speed you signed up for award.

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Next week on the BBC, Watchdog is doing a report on the UK's BB speeds,you can tell them on their website, the more the merrier Smiley Happy

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos