Menu
slay
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WS1 Area - Extremely poor speeds at peak times - high utilisation

Could someone provide the fault reference for the utilisation fault in this area please?

The current fix date is 28 Dec 2016.

It is absolutely unacceptable that up to 156mbs should ever reach as low as 4mbps even at peak times. The lowest it should reach is 30-40 so at least the paying customer is getting 'something' of value.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WS1 Area - Extremely poor speeds at peak times - high utilisation

Hiya slay,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I've checked the high peak time traffic fault in your area, the reference number is F003925050 and the review date is 18th January 2017.

I'm sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused. I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
slay
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

Thank you for the update albeit be bad news as the original date has been delayed.

Can you provide any confirmation that the work will be carried out on said date? As you aren't leaving me much option but to leave and find a more consistent service. Especially after being with you for 10+ years.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Slay,

The date is a review date and doesn't guarantee a fix sorry, ref  F003925050 has a new review date of April I'm afraid, we'll know more around then on how upgrades are progressing.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Mikeyplest
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have been on the 152 service for a while and noticed I was only getting 10mb at peak times wired or wireless. After endless technical calls i was told it was high utilisation. I then had to call up each month and beg for £15 back off my bill. Not nice. Last week I'd had enough and when I explained I wanted to leave I was assured if I upgraded to the 200mb service my speed would increase. I'm now experiencing exactly the same speed at peak times 10mb maximum. I will be forced to call up again every month and ask for some money off my bill. Even with £15 back each month I will still be paying over the odds for a flaky service that isn't fit for the purpose. SHAME ON YOU VIRGIN MEDIA.

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow this simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Guide was created by Bartman007.

0 Kudos