Menu
Exceluk1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 42
Flag for a moderator

WA9 another utilization fault???

What a surprise another utilization fault in this area. Currently getting 9mb down and 10mb on a 152mb. Spoke to your support team and told utilization fault F003477649, current fix date 16th of September. You did not mention which year though.

This area has been plagued with issues.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/120mb-connection-getting-10mb-WA9/td-p/2145384

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/WA9-St-Helens-Merseyside-Downstream-Speed-Issues-A...

If you cant provide the service you are charging your customer for then stop over selling the product. Virgin media used to be a great company to be with for one reason. Reliability. Over the past 2 years your service has been shocking, Id happily pay my current bill for a stable and constant 60mb. 

WHY???

Helpful Answers
Parki79
Rising star
Message 9 of 42
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WA9 another utilization fault???

Another poorly scripted answer from VM.

These people are paying your wages, treat them as customers.

Are the intended fixes that are constantly being pushed back over and over going to be a long term fix as the customers have found them short term in the past. These customers have waited a long time for a fix so they want to know if it will be worth the wait or another short term measure?

If you are keeping people waiting for years and missing review date after review date then you need to provide more information than what you do. It just isn't enough in my opinion. Have a bit of a personal touch and read some of the post and have an understanding of peoples concerns. No wonder customers have little faith in things on here.

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Exceluk1,

Many thanks for coming by to us here with your post, we're sorry to hear that you're currently being affected by a utilisation fault.

I can confirm the date of the 16th of September, also this would be for 2015.

We can understand that it can be frustrating and know that we'd like to help where we can.

If you'd like, by calling our helpful customer care team on 150/ 0345 454 1111, quoting there reference mentioned, they will offer you a Loss of service credit while we work to resolve this.

Many thanks for you time. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I'm also affected by this utilisation fault. 

It's unbelievable that the original fault (raised in October 2012) was fixed in September 2014 only for a new utilisation fault to be opened in January, with speeds constantly declining since then. That's a total of 4 months good service over the last 3 years. This must be one of the worst parts of the Virgin network.

Exceluk1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 42
Flag for a moderator

This issue is still ongoing and has been given an estimated fix date of April. Have spoke to the tech support team and they cant tell me why its taking so long and where the engineers are up too. I think we deserve some answers?

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I got the same news today that 6th April 2016 is the next review date. I was told some work was done on Friday (11th December) but things haven't got any better. Speeds are now falling to 3 or 4Mb at peak time so by April we'll be lucky to have 1Mb.

The last utilisation fault in this area took 23 months to fix so we may only be halfway through this one!

Another member in the WA9 area filed a complaint and was told by Virgin Media's executive office that the fault would be fixed by 16th December, which was clearly incorrect so you can't even trust the head office for answers.

0 Kudos
Exceluk1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Can we get an update on this? Off peak is better I'm getting 50mb. Peak is 7mb at best. If this is fixed..............

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 42
Flag for a moderator

The review date was 6th April but has now been pushed back to 10th August. 

Last time it took 23 months to solve the utilisation. If it follows the same pattern this time, it should be fixed in December. Then a new utilisation fault will be opened in March/April 2017.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Exceluk1,

Thanks for bumping this thread. I'm pleased to hear the off-peak speeds have increased. I'm so sorry the peak time speeds are still poor though.

I've checked the fault reference F003477649 for you and can see the review date has been set to 10/08/16. The networks team don't have all the pieces in place to complete the upgrade as of yet.

I'm also going to send you a private message to discuss this further. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Look forward to your response.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Parki79
Rising star
Message 9 of 42
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Another poorly scripted answer from VM.

These people are paying your wages, treat them as customers.

Are the intended fixes that are constantly being pushed back over and over going to be a long term fix as the customers have found them short term in the past. These customers have waited a long time for a fix so they want to know if it will be worth the wait or another short term measure?

If you are keeping people waiting for years and missing review date after review date then you need to provide more information than what you do. It just isn't enough in my opinion. Have a bit of a personal touch and read some of the post and have an understanding of peoples concerns. No wonder customers have little faith in things on here.

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.
Exceluk1
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Your service is getting unusable. Been getting around 2mb download today, have resorted to using my mobile phone tethered to get workable speeds.We need a fix date not another review date. Tell us why it is taking so long, what is holding you up, 2 years + is a joke. You have told us nothing but a review date that each time gets pushed back by a minimum of 4 months each time. We deserve, as a paying customers, an explanation!