Menu
tr1410
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Vivid speed upgrade

My broadband is area 30, Nottingham.Since my enforced upgrade to 150mb I have enjoyed speeds that achieve between 30 - 60 most of the time .Very occasionally it hits 100+. I would be happy with 30 - 60 if that was what I pay for but when are we actually going to see the "Vivid" speeds that virgin are blasting all over the media? Charge for what you are giving us not what the adverts claim.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid speed upgrade

Are you testing wired or wireless for those speeds?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
tr1410
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

wired connection.

0 Kudos
tr1410
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Vivid speed

So after my enforced upgrade to 150mb that never actually achieved it I contacted Virgin to find out why I was paying for something that they couldn't deliver. I decided to leave but instead had the speed dropped to 50mb. Result is that every time I check it is running at 50+ and my bill is considerably less. The speed reduction is not noticeable, but then again it was running at around 50mb anyway.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey tr1410,

Thanks for posting Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're getting slow speeds, I know it's frustrating.

Checking your connection I can see that you're currently being affected by a fault in your area. The fault ref is: F004903477 and it's due for review on the 25th Jan. We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area.

I am really sorry about this, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
LEP
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well I have also been given fault reference F004903477 but am told it won't be fixed until 31st May. yes MAY. For the "inconvenience" of pings being so slow I get disconnected several times an hour Virgin have credited my bill by just over £6.

Currently looking for another ISP, four months to fix a fault that makes playing any online games impossible is just not acceptable.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're also experiencing a fault with your connection with us LEP,

In no way do we want to lose your custom over this. Smiley Sad

I've had a look at everything from this end and the high demand for our service in your area does appear to be improving as the percentage for this has since decreased.

Post-refresh, the equipment levels appear to be spot on and the timeouts previously detected have since cleared.

Let me know if anything changes,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos