Menu
EXOTITAN
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Vivid Gamer 200 less that 30Mbps WN3 Area

Last Tuesday i upgraded my 100Mb Internet package to the Vivid Gamer 200 Package as the speed i was getting most of the time was around 1/10Mbps at peak times and 30/40Mbps any other, so i upgraded first day was Fantastic 170/200Mbps all day even at peak! and now a week in its around 15/40Mbps Smiley Sad

i rang customer services he did something to the line actually made the speed worse and then seemed to come up with the good old chestnut of over utilisation ive been told this for over 2 years and always given a few weeks fix date, i just do not understand why for the first day my speed was bang on and now as slow as my previous package, and why the tech guy on the phone said its also busy between 5&11 i get peak times but the vivid gamer doesn't have throttling but my speed does drastically drop to lower than 10 at this time Smiley Sad

also Hi guys im new to the community sorry for the rant just a little annoyed.

0 Kudos
Spitfire16
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid Gamer 200 less that 30Mbps WN3 Area

Hello,

if your speeds are ok During the day but dire during the peak hours it sounds like congestion Smiley Sad , Can take upto 2 years for a fix

Staff over the phone give dates as a "Fix" date , forum staff give the same dates as a "review" dates , as they know work does tend get pushed back

In respect to the Gamer Package not being Throttled , this is correct but it seems the Line/CMTS is oversubscribed hence the slow speeds , everyone on the same line/CMTS as you is having to fight for the bandwidth

Your 2 option's is to wait or find a different ISP

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey EXOTITAN,

Thanks for joining the forum, welcome!

Sorry to hear about the connection problems you're experiencing, I know it's frustrating for you.

I've checked your area and I can see fault: F003529016 is affecting you and will be reviewed on the 14th Dec. While this fault is on-going, the peak time speeds maybe reduced.

I know this isn't the best news, so please accept my apologies and let me know if you have any other questions.

Catch you again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You should not have wasted your money upgrading.

If you can only achieve 10Mbps during peak times it will not matter a jot what top speed you are on as you will only ever achieve 10Mbps whilst overutilisation continues to be an issue in your area.

Quite frankly I find it appalling that Virgin Media sales staff will gladly take your money knowing full well that the speeds are unachievable in high utilised areas.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 16 review dates... Next Review JANUARY 2018
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ian-c wrote:

You should not have wasted your money upgrading.

If you can only achieve 10Mbps during peak times it will not matter a jot what top speed you are on as you will only ever achieve 10Mbps whilst overutilisation continues to be an issue in your area.

Quite frankly I find it appalling that Virgin Media sales staff will gladly take your money knowing full well that the speeds are unachievable in high utilised areas.

On top of what Ian has said, VM has mis-sold you a service that is unfit for purpose, they have knowingly removed their duty of care and sold you a faulty service this on its own is a case that CISAS would take up as VM has broken all the rules, hell, you might even be able to make an amazing case for trading standards and take VM to court. I don't know how anyone with a conscious could get out off bed each morning and work for them knowing how shady the company is, is beyond me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On top of what I have just said, he is my usual spiel to help VM customers get a better deal, as they won't really help their own customers in an oversubscribed area:

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos