Menu
eddiestrike
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 300 question

Hi,

I'm currently on Vivid 200, but curious if I wanted to go to Vivid 200 Gamer or Vivid 300, would I need to get a new superhub? I'm on the old one 2.0 I think?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Vivid 300 question

Yes, you should get the Hub 3.0 with either of the new speeds. There would be a £14.99 activation fee which also covers delivery of the new kit.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, you should get the Hub 3.0 with either of the new speeds. There would be a £14.99 activation fee which also covers delivery of the new kit.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
eddiestrike
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I'll stay on vivid 200 then since I heard the new superhub has issues.
0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I hear a lot of things too but I tend to do my own homework and make my own decisions.

You are going to be on a Hub3 someday and the issue is soon to be fixed by an "Intel" firmware, for now if you aint pro gaming online the jitter will not cause any issue and miens is pretty good regardless (look in my gallery).

0 Kudos
wyndstryke
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, I game on the hub3 too, and it's fine.  Doesn't mean issues don't exist of course, just that they're not showing up for my typical usage.

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

hub 3 is fine....nothin wrong with it

better to strike a deal with vm on vivid 300 which has same upload as 200 gamer and no traffic mangmnt at all... trust me on this 1 kid.

the new tarrifs have gone down.

gamer means nothing apart from no upload traffic mgmt and 20mbps ....so vivid 300 is much better for price.

Gamer!  LMAO .

0 Kudos
Guybrush85
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You'd be correct about the latency issue. As it currently stands a 'part' of the issue has been fixed and only time will tell if/when we get that patch.

As it currently stands the amount it affects you depends on a number of factors. Whether or not you do any latency reliant stuff (gaming being the main thing that people mention).

How many downstreams your area locks on to... with some areas now on 24 downstreams it would be more noticeable than on say 16.
--------------------------------------------------------
Look behind you, a three-headed monkey
0 Kudos
brooksy79
Superfast
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I can say myself to iv had the hub 3 for about 4 months now with the gamer bundle and there is no real problems. (Only had 2 random reboots in the first month, must of been updates) So all the bugs the hub 3 had to start off with must have been fixed.
0 Kudos
richto
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

SH3 is terrible - massive issues - see multiple threads on the gaming support area...

0 Kudos
richto
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

"As it currently stands the amount it affects you depends on a number of factors. Whether or not you do any latency reliant stuff (gaming being the main thing that people mention)."

As it stands, SH3 has between 1%-7% of DNS queries fail. Use the GRC DNS checker and see for yourself. That impacts everyone. You might not realise that why you sometime have to reload webpages, and experience weird behaviour but everyone using an SH3 is likely impacted by it's issues...
0 Kudos