Menu
punt1971
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 200Mbps - Averaging around 10!

Just moved house and got me the Big Kahuna package with 200Mbps broadband. On average I'm getting 10Mbps, not what I paid for!

All wired with what I think is an AC superhub. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 200Mbps - Averaging around 10!

Hi punt1971

Welcome back to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you're experiencing slow broadband speeds. 

When I checked your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow broadband speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003655365 and with a review date of 18th May.

Do you get these slow speeds during peak hours or can it be during the daytime also? I appreciate that you have tried speed tests through a wired connection, have you tried a test whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode to see if the speeds differ?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam 

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
punt1971
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Sam

I phoned up VM after I made my post and was told the same.

It does seem to be mainly peak times, though I'm not getting full speed right now but no as bad as at night. I am in already modem mode.

Not very happy about how long it will take to fix since I'm not getting what I'm paying for but hopefully it'll get sorted soon enough.

I think I should have been informed of this problem when the engineer came to fit the equipment. Keeping the customer informed should be a priority in all cases. Stops us thinking we've been conned out of our hard earned!

JP

0 Kudos
punt1971
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

F003655365 fixed! Hahaha!

This is getting tedious. I'm getting less then 10Mb, paying for 200!!!!!!!

Very much considering going to sky. Only 40Mb but that's still over four times faster than I'm getting now.

What a joke!

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

punt1971 wrote:

F003655365 fixed! Hahaha!

This is getting tedious. I'm getting less then 10Mb, paying for 200!!!!!!!

Very much considering going to sky. Only 40Mb but that's still over four times faster than I'm getting now.

What a joke!

Quote from OFCOM: Codes of practice

Under the voluntary code of practice on broadband speeds, Internet Service Providers (ISPs) agree to give clear information on broadband speeds to consumers when they consider or buy a home broadband service, and to provide redress when speeds performance is poor. Ofcom and ISPs have agreed a revised code which came into effect on 1st October 2015.

Links to the revised code, and a plain English guide for consumers are provided below.

List A shows those ISPs who have confirmed that they have now implemented and are signed up to the 2015 Code. ISPs who have signed up have agreed to abide by the principles and spirit of the Code. This does not guarantee compliance but we expect signatories to commit to honour the letter and spirit of the Code. We will monitor compliance with the Code using measures such as ongoing mystery shopping.

List B below shows those ISPs who informed us, at the time of implementation of the revised 2015 voluntary Code of Practice or at a later stage, that they want to sign up to the Code once they are compliant with the requirements.

If you are an ISP and would like to sign up to the voluntary 2015 Code of Practice, please email Celia.Pontin@ofcom.org.uk

List A

• BT
  • Sky
  • Virgin Media
  • KC
  • EE
  • Talk Talk
  • Vodafone
  • Zen Internet

List B

• Hyperoptic
  • Plusnet
  • InTouch Systems
  • The Co-op
  • Post Office

So VM have actually broken that code with their sales team, and OFCOM will be told Via CISAS, we need more people to make official complaints as soon as.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is a lon drawn process which will ask you for so many different pieces of information....no gurantee it will work

0 Kudos