Menu
nislam88
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 200

Is it normal for wifi speeds to be around 20-40mb through out the day and night on all devices dropping to around 13mb,
Wired giving max of 70-90mb using the superhub 3
My wifi was faster on 50mb fibre optic super hub 2 router
0 Kudos
nislam88
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

slow speeds on 200mb vivid

hi there

ever since i have upgrade to vivid 200mb and changed my router my speeds seem to stay around 20-40mb at best, at times around 12mb, and once  i got 130mb wifi (which was around 6am) is this normal or is something wrong, wired speed highest i have got is 90mb on a 1gb lan connection but average is 60mb 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow speeds on 200mb vivid

Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't get you a faster response.  Unfortunately the forum staff are taking 7-10 day to get to threads at the moment.  I have merged your two threads.

It sounds like you have a couple of issues.

1. For a wired connection, speeds below 100Mbps per second as you describe are often the result of a hardware limitation. Some PC's have network cards that are limited to 100Mbs, or faulty drivers that can limit speed or are not configured correctly, or it could be the Ethernet cable that is limited to 100Mbs by design or is damaged. If the wired connection from the hub to your desktop is showing an orange light on the Ethernet port of your network card, then the hub might only be negotiating a 100Mbs connection.

2. Slow speeds at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends) but full, or significantly higher, speed at off peak times is normally a symptom of high utilisation/contention in your area.

Somebody from the VM forum team should be along in a few days to check your connection and can confirm if there is a known issue with your segment of the network. If that is the case they should provide a fault reference and pass your details onto another team who should inform you about your credit options for the lack of service via a PM. They should also be able to provide a review date for the fault. Note that it is a review date not an expected fix date and some customers affected by this kind of issue have been waiting over a year for a fix.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know about this nislam88,

Apologies for the slow speeds experienced. Smiley Sad

I've had a look into this and I can see that an engineer appointment has been arranged to resolve this for you.

Please feel free to get back to me if I can help with anything more.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there nislam88,

I am sorry to hear about the fault experienced, however, please try to refrain from creating duplicate threads relating to the same issue as it could potentially cause a delay in the time that it takes for us to respond to you.

Further to this, I have responded to your separate thread to discuss this further.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
nislam88
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

this cant be right for 200mb vivid wired, 2nd engineer visit said its normalthis cant be right for 200mb vivid wired, 2nd engineer visit said its normalspeed test.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey there nislam88,

Thanks for getting back to us with an update and apologies that you service hasn't improved.

When I've tried to check this, I can see that your equipment isn't recording date correctly, therefore I'm unable to gain reliable results.

I want to investigate this further. I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) with more info.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there nislam88,

Further to your private message requesting an update for the fault reference F004998867, the review for this is currently set for 07/06/2017.

I've also checked your equipment levels, etc., and I've not been able to detect any issues further to this that would negatively impact your connection with us.

Let me know if you have any further queries,

Nat_J

0 Kudos