Menu
willo62
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 200 slow speeds

Getting so fed up with sub 10Mbit speeds when I pay £46 pm for 200 Mbit. Tried to call so many times, Actually got through last week and have an engineer coming out tomorrow.  It seems every time I call they keep me waiting 15 minutes then auto disconnect.  No email contact to leave messages.  Tried to call to ask about compensation but I just get cut off. Looking around for alternative supplier but its not easy when you only want broadband and no phone or tv package. Very poor customer service. 

0 Kudos
willo62
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 200 slow speeds

Can't see the edit button Smiley Happy  this is in area 01 Liverpool

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey willo62,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds.

I've taken a look at your connection and I can see that we're working on a fault under ref: F004949008 which is due for review on the 8th Feb. While this is on-going you might notice that you speed is reduced during peak time hours (evenings and weekends).

Please accept my apologise for this and let me know if there's anything else we can help with.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

willo62 wrote:

Getting so fed up with sub 10Mbit speeds when I pay £46 pm for 200 Mbit. Tried to call so many times, Actually got through last week and have an engineer coming out tomorrow.  It seems every time I call they keep me waiting 15 minutes then auto disconnect.  No email contact to leave messages.  Tried to call to ask about compensation but I just get cut off. Looking around for alternative supplier but its not easy when you only want broadband and no phone or tv package. Very poor customer service. 

Make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

BTW, Heather you are 2 weeks late, tends to leave a stale/foul taste on your customers pallet, make VM as a whole even more shady than ever, just an opinion....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
beljim7419
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Heather.

Why are all the Virgin staff avoiding helping me with my speed issues here? http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-single-thread-performance/td-p/3290113

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

beljim7419 wrote:

@Heather.

Why are all the Virgin staff avoiding helping me with my speed issues here? http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-single-thread-performance/td-p/3290113

You will have to wait another 2 weeks for an answer, best to phone or complain, as it will not get sorted by christmas.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos