Menu
James_90
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 200 slow speed

Hi i seem to be having slow speeds with my Vivid 200 broadband. When i first signed up to virgin I had vivid 100 and was getting speeds of up to 80/90mps and at peak times around 70/80mps. I recently you upgraded to Vivid 200 as there is now and extra person living with us so i wanted extra download speed, but it's now worse. I'm lucky to get between 20-45mps now. Even at non peak times. Did a test at midnight last night and had 25mps and currently I'm on 40mps which just isn't good enough for the amount I'm going to be paying. Is this an issue at your end?

James
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 200 slow speed

Are the speeds you are quoting on a wireless or wired connection ?

You could check if there are any known issues with Virgin Media at the moment by logging into your Virgin Media account and clicking on the 'Service Status' link.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts.  If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
James_90
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mixture of both. I still don't get better than 45/50mps with wired connection.

Also the service status says that everything is ok.

James
0 Kudos
James_90
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2690486990

At 1:20pm today. Far from the 200mps i should be getting.

James
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi James_90,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I can see an issue with your Upstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos