Menu
Kweff84
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 200, new customer...

Hi,
We've recently moved and just had a "full house package" installed with 200mbps Internet. The internet has never really felt that fast, so I've done a speed check on my mobile, laptop and on the PS4 / Xbox1. Last night I couldn't get above 12mbps, and this morning (early riser ๐Ÿ˜‰) it's up to 30mbps, which is ok I suppose but definitely isn't near the "upto" 200mbps that I'm going to be paying for.
The area code is 14 on my account. Will the speed increase over time? Or will I be plagued with the slower speed despite paying for the faster option?

Thank you in advance.

Keith.
0 Kudos
greyman
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 200, new customer...

Hey Keith,

just to save you having to wait a week or so for a VM rep to ask you to do this, you might want to do a speed test on a PC/laptop that is wired to your router.  

Given the fact that there are already quite a few reports of over utilisation type issues for area 14, I'd guess that, wired or otherwise, your speeds will still be well below the ones advertised, but at least this should save you some waiting time to get a more substantive reply.

Kweff84
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm I've tried with a wired connection and still struggle to get above 30mbps, usually around the 15 Mark.

Thanks Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I would ring tech support if your speed is always at the 30Mbps mark day and night, waiting for a result here is like waiting for paint to dry, it can take over 1-2 weeks before any VM staff even look at it.

150 From a VM phone.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Keith

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry but we do have a problem with high peak time traffic on your segment. The reference is F004841710 and we would like to carry out some work to resolve it, the current estimated date is showing as 26 APR 2017. Please accept our apologies, I will send you a forum private message to discuss further.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
thelion
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And we all know that date will come and go where i live SE18 area 21 i think i have been waiting over 3 years for a fault to be fixed but we are virgin we will still sell broadband to mugs even though we can only handle one man and his dog at a time
0 Kudos