Menu
gazzetta
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 200 Very Poor Speeds after house move

Hi,

It took a very disappointing 4 weeks to get virgin fitted after I moved home. I've taken my Vivid 200 from my old house (about a mile away) where I had no problem at all hitting max speeds all day virtually every day. But after finally getting fitted yesterday I've been sufferering with speeds in the 20s and 30s all evening (over a tried and trusted gigabit ethernet connection)

If you can take a look at my line it would be appreciated. My My Virgin login is the same as my registered forum email address.

I'm running the same SH2ac that I had in the old house, the virgin fitter told me I wasn't allowed a SH3.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
gazzetta
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 200 Very Poor Speeds after house move

2016-05-11_23102016-05-11_2310

0 Kudos
gazzetta
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Looks like the problems fixed. Back up to 200Mb/s this morning. Thanks guys.

0 Kudos
gazzetta
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Spoke too soon. Back down to 30s again mid morning and some points no connection at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
gazzetta
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Still hitting 30s to 70s during the day. Am I just to accept that this is the way it works now at Virgin? Never had a problem before and always stood up for the service when others argued against.

Trustpilot score of 0.8/10 i see. Perhaps it's time to focus on your current customer base instead of spending all the bucks advertising for new customers.

You have such a great product and such an easy sell over Openreach based products, how are you managing to shoot yourselves in the foot so badly!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi gazzetta,

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering problems with your speeds since moving. That does sound frustrating, I'll do what I can to get to the bottom of things for you.

I've run some initial tests and everything looks OK with the hub itself. Although when I test the network segment it does show some peak time issues which are currently being looked into. Our engineers are planning to undertake some broadband upgrades to support an increased demand for our services in your area. Once these issues are resolved you'll find that your speeds (especially during peak times) return to normal.

The reference for the ongoing work is F003259558 and the current review date is 3rd August 2016. I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right) with a bit more info about this, including details of how you can claim a loss of service credit. We'll keep you posted of further developments as and when we know more.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
gazzetta
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It is now one month past the review date. I am experiencing even worse speeds than ever. Every single evening I am getting single digit speeds from my 200mb/s maximum throughput. 

I understand that the more users you sell to the more my speed will be affected, that is fine with me. I don't expect 200mb/s every day, if ever. 

I understand that even a household such as mine which is very data intensive can live on a 20mb/s throughput quite happily, but 5mb/s on a Sunday evening? That is taking the proverbial I'm sure you would agree. It is simply not enough for 2016 and so far from the service I signed up for that you really are pulling the wool over new users eyes if they were to sign up in my area now.

Please update me with how the review went.

Thankyou.

0 Kudos
gazzetta
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can someone give me an update on F003259558 please, the August date given to me seems to have passed and things have got even worse instead of improving.

Also, looking at the bigger picture can someone with a bit more experience of utilisation problems let me know if I'm just simply wasting my breath here? Has a utilisation problem ever been improved in anyones experience?

It seems my area has been oversubscribed since Dec 2014 at least and I would hazard a guess that Virgin are not turning away new customers from my area also? It would seem that the simple answer from VM is like it or lump it with the lump it option not being an actual option due to a contract being in place.

On another note I was asked if I would like to upgrade to a Business package where contention ratios are 8/1 instead of 30/1 for residential lines. Has anyone with a utilisation problem as big as mine upgraded to a business account and seen speeds become usable in the evenings?  

Also, the "Gamer" package that was announced today, would this help me out at all?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
gazzetta
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone help me or is this just the way it is for VM customers?

0.70Mb/s from 200Mb/s

I make that 199.30 Mb/s lower that what I am paying for.

0 Kudos
deamondiamond
Dialled in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You would not be any better off getting the gamer package, overutilization/contention/oversubscribed in the area - There's simply not enough bandwidth to go around and I've seen a lot of people on here say review dates come and go and after a year of waiting the review date changes further down the line, i have seen some people say it gets fixed but after waiting a LONG time, but i haven't been on the forum for very long to be honest. VM aren't refusing custom to overutilized area's instead they are crediting your account for the abysmal speeds hoping you will stay.

I have to say if i was in your position with those speeds, and if its true like what you have said its been ongoing since 2014 i would have thought they would have sorted the issue or be very close to, But i imagine you want clarity, and that is something you won't get - You won't get the chance to speak to someone high enough who can say yes this is when it will definitely be fixed, its known that tech support's normal script say the "review date" is actually the fix date when it is just a review. You can probably see for yourself this is a massive issue for VM nationwide across most highly populated areas.

I'm just another forum user like you, but i hope perhaps the above helps you. 

P.S The Forum team take around about one week on average to respond to threads and everytime its bumped it goes back to the queue. 

0 Kudos