Menu
GodZoo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin scamming me all the time..

Dam Virgin what's up with you. Iv'e been with you 4 years now and at the start was sold a 50meg connection.. except I only got 30 megs speed.

Then you upgraded me to 70 megs.. but I only got 50 megs.

You then upgraded me a 100 meg tariff and now I only get 70 megs if lucky yet your charging me £8 extra.. In effect charging me a lot more for what you should have given me years ago for less.

So.. with each so called speed upgrade you short change me 30 to 50 megs of actually speed and only just about deliver the previous packages speed.. yet you creep my bill higher and higher each time.

My bill was £26 a month when I started with you.. now my bill is almost £40 a month with no real radical speed improvement.

Time to check out alternative services me thinks..

0 Kudos
Forgotten
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin scamming me all the time..

Having issues with your speed isn't always great and you have to understand VM will always try to provide those speeds for you but just like any other ISP it is an "UP TO" speed and not guaranteed, a guaranteed (Business / Enterprise line) are very very expensive in comparison to the speeds and could be in the thousands for a dedicated line.

Now I know this is not an excuse but leaving VM to go to Sky / BT will not change it and you will most likely experience the same issue with them also and of course BT lines are not as good as VM and can be even worse depending on your area. (I've experience 2mbps with BT)

Lastly where are you getting these speeds from? Can you do the speed test on http://ovh.net only speedtest i'd really take for granted, and with concern for the price i'll tell you after the fancy offers vanish and your stuck in a contract with BT I was paying more than £40 for there pathetic fake fibre connection.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - How everyone in a technical field should think.
0 Kudos
GodZoo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Oh please don't come with that "UP TO" scam..

If at every single upgrade they fall short by 30 megs of speed it means that it is being deliberately throttled and specifically managed to be this way. Please don't insult peoples intelligence. I'm a 20 year network engineer and know full well how this works.

If you promise and sell up top 100megs but only deliver 60megs then you should adjust your pricing accordingly and only charge for what you are actually delivering and not some fantasy 'up to 'figure you just pulled out of a hat.

Looks like I'm not the only one with this issue.. almost every single thread in this forum is about virgins non delivery of advertised and promised speeds. This is appalling.. false advertising and dishonest practices greedily delivering less and less but charging more and more.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

0 Kudos
GodZoo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wow would you look at this.. I was on a 100meg tariff being charged almost £40 and getting around 50megs actual speed.

I just called Virgin to downgraded my tariff to £32 and and now have 54megs actual speed. Go figure..

What a joke.

0 Kudos