Menu
McStumpy
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media website and TV anywhere

HI

I'm tearing my hair out with trying to use the Virgin media website and watching live TV on desktop or laptop via TV Anywhere.

It's not just this evening,  it's been like this for a few weeks. The website is painfully slow to render pages, sometimes they don't load at all, and getting as fast as actually watching a channel. ..... forget it. 

Both laptop and desktop are win7 and ie11, although I've tried Firefox with no better result. Other websites are fine and fast.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media website and TV anywhere

Hi McStumpy, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with using the TV Anywhere site for streaming. 

As the webpage itself is slow to load, do you get this on any other Virgin Media site like My Virgin Media or the Help pages? 

What sort of times do you try and access the site? Try now, do you get the same issue?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
McStumpy
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.  The whole website was slow, although the TV Anywhere part of the site was worse. 

I have since tried at a "quiet" time and it worked fine.

The last couple of times I tried and had issues was when European football on BTSport. My assumption is that the infrastructure supporting your website and the live TV pages isn't sufficient to cope with high demand, would you agree?

Thankfully no such issues watching live TV on the sky sports website with virgin log in, but that will be via Sky's site and infrastructure, they presumably have invested in sufficient capacity to support 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi McStumpy, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

I'm glad things seem to be working a lot better for you now. We have indeed increased capacity to try and help relieve issues such as this but have found we are still getting some reports. 

We are looking to try and identify any trends with the errors you are getting against the devices or OS you are using. Can you come back to me with the following:

> What is the Full make and Model of your device?
> What is the OS Version?
> What is the EXACT error message you are getting?

If you have any further issues, come back and let me know Smiley Happy 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
nettyuk
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've just had a new Telly Tablet and have installed the TV anywhere app. It shows me what's on now, and what's been recorded on the TIVO box but I can't get anything to play.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi nettyuk, 

Thanks for your post. 

I have already replied to your post here: Problems viewing Virgin shows through Telly Tablet

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos