Menu
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin gamer 200!

I'm thinking about cancelling my upgrade tomorrow because I don't believe I'm getting the advertised speeds. How do I go about finding out the exact speed I'm receiving? I did various Speedtests and it never goes above 70mb download and always get around 21mb download speed which is good. Isn't the average 185mb download speed?
0 Kudos
lambi153
Just joined
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin gamer 200!

I once asked a similar question of a VM engineer who was swapping out an old Tivo box that had died.  He said that it depends on what you piece of equipment you are using to do said speedtest.

With my old HTC phone my vivid 200 would never show more than 75-80 MB/s, however when I upgraded my phone to an Iphone 6 the speed was registering up to 196 MB/s.

0 Kudos
firestorm
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you are using the hub 3, there is a problem with the firmware intel's puma 6 chipset, I believe they are working on a fix, does not really affect your speed problem but it does cause massive latency which is no good for gaming... If you have the an old superhub 2ac like I did, I phoned them up and asked to swap them over until the new firmware is released, which they did no problem when I explained I knew about the firmware issue, still getting the 200 down and 20 up and the latency issue is sorted Smiley Happy

If you don't have a superhub 2ac, I would phone them up and ask for one!

Vivid gaming BB ✔
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tizzmanizz wrote:
I'm thinking about cancelling my upgrade tomorrow because I don't believe I'm getting the advertised speeds. How do I go about finding out the exact speed I'm receiving? I did various Speedtests and it never goes above 70mb download and always get around 21mb download speed which is good. Isn't the average 185mb download speed?

How are you testing?  Wired ? Wireless ? What hardware ?

You need to use a wired cable to a known gigabit network connection, this will be more than sufficient for the 200mb testing.

0 Kudos
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My hub2 ac should be here tomorrow. I have a cat6 Ethernet cable so I'm hoping Nothing goes
Wrong. Jen just mentioned that the hub2 can't handle the 200 package???
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tizzmanizz wrote:
My hub2 ac should be here tomorrow. I have a cat6 Ethernet cable so I'm hoping Nothing goes
Wrong. Jen just mentioned that the hub2 can't handle the 200 package???

It can, it just has less channels, lots of people are using the SH2 and SH2 ac on the 200/gaming package without problems.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Errm wrong again bart.
Superhub 2 compared to the Superhub 3 locks onto less channels. My Superhub 3 now has 18 downstream channels

Superhub 2 had 8 maximum this has led to me having a more stable connection obviously it depends on the area but this guy's advice is wrong at the best of times.
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

chutwutt wrote:
Errm wrong again bart.
Superhub 2 compared to the Superhub 3 locks onto less channels. My Superhub 3 now has 18 downstream channels

Superhub 2 had 8 maximum this has led to me having a more stable connection obviously it depends on the area but this guy's advice is wrong at the best of times.

That's what I have said, please read my reply again,and  please stop hounding me, the information is correct and its what people are saying on the forums. All information I provide has come direct from source, why on earth would I make false news.

Again, please stop harassing me on every information I post.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ive swapped my hub3 for the hub2 and I'm getting a much better connection. The lag has disapeared completely but I still notice the speeds fluctuating from top speed to half speed. What does that mean? Any tips on best lan cable settings?
0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

when customers bypass speaking to the company and use external solutions, its held against them on file.

ONLY once all usual paths are walked....and only then should it be made external.

17 years working with complaints states .....and Im not joking, states this. 

Up with the early birds here, solider within the tent...yes solider within the tent.

0 Kudos