Menu
valgurney2
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin broadband

Hi I have had so much trouble with the internet with Virgin. Bt and sky have been brilliant , no trouble ever but i have had nothing but trouble with virgin

I have only had virgin for about 2 months and its terrible. 

I rang and they said turn off router they would do something , swith back on will be ok but there is a fault in the area.

I have rung againg to night and after ten minutes phone went dead so i rang again this time someone said they would put me through to someone and they lost me so i phoned again and they said again to switch off router they would do somehting and make it work . 

Its still terrble . I am looking at facebook and there is a video on it , as i click play it goes stop start stop start and a circle going round all the time its stopped

My son is fuming day after day as his xbox wont play properly and he is loosing games

What is going on , i signed up to virgin thinking they have a normal broadband but its uselsess

can you please fix this others wise cancel my contract collect you things thank you 

I cant cope with this any more its driving every one mad, what is the problem??????

Thank you

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin broadband

Hello, Are you getting slow speeds in the evenings and on weekends or all the time? Also are your devices wired or wireless?

0 Kudos
valgurney2
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I dont know about during the day as we are all at work but when we come home and there is me on my laptop, my son on his XBox its really slow. So only 2 of us online I also have a daughter too so when she goes on its impossible. We are all wireless.

0 Kudos
Mcgaz
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try setting up a ping monitor on here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/monitors.html

and do use www.speedtest.net to get a gauge on your speeds then post the results.

Ideally, a wired connection is best to try your speed test because wifi can vary considerably. Wired should show the best you can get.

Here's my monitor. What you should really see on a good connection is flat lines, not all these spikes. The spikes show that my area is high utilization, but I'm told that this will be resolved by April. Despite the high yellow areas, my connection is still ok compared to sky and bt for downloads, although very frustrating when playing games because of the fluctuating ping and packet loss.

71af12cd1cc34df03e3862f5450208b4-15-01-2017

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello valgurney2,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are experiencing issues with your broadband connection.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004082892 and has a review date of 8th February.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
valgurney2
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Yes they have said this to me and they called an engineer out the other day to check the equipment all ok there so have to wait till 8th February. I will be writing or calling on monday as there should be some sort of compensation for me paying for a service that i cant get ?7

Val

0 Kudos