Menu
Shrubs
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media chargin* for 100Mps but delivering 0.35Mps!

For circa 2 years now the broadband service in LS22 has been decling. It is now down to 0.35Mps at times.

Latest fix is a new router which has not solved the obvious network or server problem. Latest fix date is now 17th Jan 2017!

This follows the previous fix dates of Jan 2017, May 2017, July 2017 and September 2017.

Virgin Media either do not know how to fix their network, or won’t fix it or are telling porkies time after time.

Despite hating BT with a vengence 33Mps that works is becoming more attractive by the day.

0 Kudos
coldfusion0
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media chargin* for 100Mps but delivering 0.35Mps!

When you test your connection are you using wired or wireless connection?

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

one it can be power levels or over sub in your area is this duing peek times thats from 5pm to midnight thats when the kids are doing homework and everyone is online or you using wifi and you don't get full on 100mb with wifi on 2.5ghz on 5ghz you maybe will get full 100mb pls chack this via wired after midnight if you get 100mb then its over sub area and virgin media is working on upgrades around the clock to sort out over sub areas if i am right run a speed test use the beta website and run it to a virgin media sever not any other try it via wifi and wired after midnight if it goes to your 100mb that you are paying for then you are in a over sub area and peek times are effected mainly with your internet speed

ps they do say upto 100mb in your contract

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear about this Shrubs,

I've located your account details and I can see that you're currently being affected by a fault within the area concerning a high demand for our service under the ticket reference F004860813, with a review set for 17/01/2018.

With this, you may experience slower speeds, particularly during peak times.

I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Let me know if I can assist with anything further,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Shrubs
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie,

This "review set" is just the latest of many promised fixes by Virgin Media. This year alone Virgin Media had a "review set" as you have chosen to call it, in January, then April, the July and then September. Only effect of these promised review dates was no improvement to service. Quite the opposite. After September a Senior Virgin Media engineer visited and fitted a new router and checked all internal and external connections and the service swings as I have posted before.

Does your ticket ref F004860813 refer to the work allegedly being carried out at Coal Road in Leeds? 

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

area concerning a high demand for our service that means all the area this is only effecting peek times thats from 4pm to like midnight monday to friday and peek times is weekends too leeds does have HIGH DEMAND who whats to join virgin media a review date is not a fix date becuse they have to get planing right on replacing stuff in street boxs and the server you on too and replacement of wires if needed with this ticket reference F004860813 you can ring up and and get some money off your bill or ask staff here to apply cridit to your account untill this issue is fixed becuse its a area fault not your own account is being effected

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shrubs, 

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

I completely appreciate this fault is frustrating. I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right) with more info. 

Speak soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos