Menu
Shrubs
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media chargin* for 100Mps but delivering 0.35Mps!

For circa 2 years now the broadband service in LS22 has been decling. It is now down to 0.35Mps at times.

Latest fix is a new router which has not solved the obvious network or server problem. Latest fix date is now 17th Jan 2017!

This follows the previous fix dates of Jan 2017, May 2017, July 2017 and September 2017.

Virgin Media either do not know how to fix their network, or won’t fix it or are telling porkies time after time.

Despite hating BT with a vengence 33Mps that works is becoming more attractive by the day.

0 Kudos
coldfusion0
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media chargin* for 100Mps but delivering 0.35Mps!

When you test your connection are you using wired or wireless connection?

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media chargin* for 100Mps but delivering 0.35Mps!

one it can be power levels or over sub in your area is this duing peek times thats from 5pm to midnight thats when the kids are doing homework and everyone is online or you using wifi and you don't get full on 100mb with wifi on 2.5ghz on 5ghz you maybe will get full 100mb pls chack this via wired after midnight if you get 100mb then its over sub area and virgin media is working on upgrades around the clock to sort out over sub areas if i am right run a speed test use the beta website and run it to a virgin media sever not any other try it via wifi and wired after midnight if it goes to your 100mb that you are paying for then you are in a over sub area and peek times are effected mainly with your internet speed

ps they do say upto 100mb in your contract

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos