Menu
topdps_kappa
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Try to Hide internet issue and expect nobody to notice

All grammar goes out the window during rant mode

Soooo, I never wanted to reach the point where I had to do this however it has reached the point where I can no longer idly stand by. 

Around August this year (august 2016) I started to notice that my internet speeds were terribly slow. I am talking less than 1Mb/s. Thus I chalked it up to a slight issue and thought nothing of it, however it became apparent that this was no small issue thus I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited a week to see what would happen, guess what no change.

So in September i decided to call virgin after being fed up for far too long and to my surprise they informed me that they have short-circuited the wiring in my area and when i asked how long it was due to last they told me november time  (again shocked to high hell)

what strikes me as the most appalling is that they made no attempt to contact their affected customers regarding the issue. did they really expect people not to notice, i mean reallllllllllly. 

on top of this they provided the most ridiculous excuse for not telling customers, a so-called scam where people demanded money to fix the issue

Thus here I am nearly 4 months later still with no stable internet of any form and no real apologyl. 

Yes they said they would compensate financially however it goes deeper than that, i have not had the internet i needed (not just for personal reasons but my job requires VPN access, great job guys)

List of sins

1)destroying the infrastructure of their internet

2)Not informing customers affected

3)Provding inexcusable excuse

4)Failure to provide a basic service

5)Failure to provide a basic form of customer service

6)Pending failure will surely be no adequate compensation, however Im guessing some money back and nothing more. 

If anyone else affected feels this way please feel free to comment repost discuss as i feel this is a very serious issue that virgin are just glossing over

I will not display my area however those who are also affected will surely know who they are as im guessing they have taken similar steps to myself

athersmith
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Try to Hide internet issue and expect nobody to notice

I have had problems since Feb. I get reasonable speeds in the day BUT in the evening I get speed ranging from 1 to 6 mbps.

I contacted VM on a few occasions, who said they were having issues, offered an ongoing reduction in charges (£10) and said each month that the problem would be reviewed (not sorted). They say they still have issues and will review in a months time.........every month this happens.

This continues to this day.

I cannot see an end to VM resolving this issue.

What I cannot understand is that if I can get a reasonable speed in the day, why can I not get this when I need it in the evening?

There just cannot be a problem/fault, so why do they give this excuse. It seems Iike I am having to share my speed with all the estate, seems like they are all sharing my connection.

Oh, by the way I live on a new estate, been in 18 months. VM box is about 6 feet from my drive. So no excuses re updates (new equipment in box).

topdps_kappa
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Try to Hide internet issue and expect nobody to notice

Sounds like a familiar issue

I will update in 2 weeks and see what happens.

Thanks for your story, I just think sometimes the exposure of these issues needs to expand so that VM actually do something

topdps_kappa
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VIRGIN MEDIA STRIKE BACK WITH LIES

So I previously posted a lengthy post about VM attempts to "pull the wool over our eyes"

(again, grammar disappears)

I once again am forced to take to their community page to vent frustration, disappointment and exasperation.  

Having been informed that my 30meg connection (granted one of their slowest but not to be devalued by the company) would be fixed by the end of November I contacted support of the 27th in the hope that by some miracle the gods had looked down upon me to grant me my internet back, i was sorely mistaken. I thus decided to contact them to get another update on the status to which they correctly, and in line with their previous statements, said 30th Nov. 

December 1st lets go...........*insert dial up sounds here* soooooo I gave them the benefit of the doubt "YET AGAIN" and wait another day to let the iron out the kinks, as you do. Once again I am too nice, it is now 8th and still no change. 

VM this is the end of the line. I wish you well with your customer support, however I have reached the end of my tether. 

For people out there considering VM please read this post and my previous post. This company do offer great internet capabilities yetttt perform subpar on every field. I can only assume if I paid more money I would be provided with a better service however why should the service I pay for not be there. I dont mind tech support BS-ing me if I get what i am due. I dont mind half assed customer support if i get what I pay for however not only do they not provide they simply stick their head in the sand and hope you dont notice them.

*FINAL POINT*

as a very big gamer (hence the name) i value stable internet for online gaming yet omg these last 6 months have been atrocious do not pick VM if you ever consider online gaming. Fibre optic FTW yeh well done VM back to shared connection copper wiring across multiple post codes while bottle necking speeds down to 0.9mb/s when i pay for a 30mb/s connection 

DO NOT PATRONISE ME WITH PEAK TIME LOADS  

DO NOT PATRONISE ME YOU AE NOT THE ONLY ISP OUT THERE

So long fareful and thanks to those who enjoy reading my lovely posts

0 Kudos
pauloconnor
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIRGIN MEDIA STRIKE BACK WITH LIES

Same issue here in L12. Had to contact the Chief Executives office to try and get some answers.

What I've been told is there is an area issue in Liverpool that won't be resolved till Feb at the latest. This date has been put back on 3 occasions that I'm aware of so could be put back further again.

Currently I'm getting as low as 5mb and paying for 200mb. Awful service, wish I had never left Sky.
0 Kudos
topdps_kappa
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I can only share your pain, albeit only on some level. I mean the fact is I pay for a 30meg connection, yet you pay for a 200 and are still treated appallingly.

I am going to set up an internet service company and offer you 1Gb/s down speed, (btw you will only be able to utilise 10 of this and i will still charge you for 1gb and push maintenance back indefinitely) fed up of hearing this same old excuse 

*disclaimer here for VM * the above message is sarcastic not an attempt at advertising 

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Follow VM's complaint procedure to the letter, then get all evidence off speedtest.net and thinkbroadband line quality graphs (the more the merrier) after 8 weeks take it to CISAS, all in the VM complaint procedure, so all above board.

The complaints procedure: Virgin Media Consumer Complaint Resolution Code of Practice

Follow it to the letter and you will get more than small change from them, your connection will not be fixed but you will hit them in the pocket.

I wear the T-Shirt with pride Smiley Happy 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
topdps_kappa
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Batman to the rescue 

thanks man

0 Kudos