Menu
Asim1994
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Internet has become dead slow..

Hi,

Over the last couple of months the speed I have been getting from virgin media has been absolutely sh**. I have complained on several occasions and have been credited back, they keep saying it is "maintenance work" in doubling our speed, but now my online account says that this has been completed, so why am I still getting such slow speeds.

The speeds around 1MB to 0.50MB

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5654227553.png

I work as a student and as freelance web developer so in the mornings/afternoons I am out, and when I come home I can't actually do any work or watch movies (on amazon) due to the slowness of my internet.

Oh and I forgot to mention this "speed boost" has been completed  and my connection speed is up to 50Mbps, I was already getting 50Mbps, so what have they bloody upgraded me to?

When is this going to be resolved?

Kind regards

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media Internet has become dead slow..

Evening Asim1994

Thanks for taking the time to post back on the community.

My apologies that you are you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at your connection, and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003247467 and with a review date of 21st December.

Due to the work that is required to improve bandwidth these faults will have review dates as they can be subject to change. The upgrade work itself can involve: implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc.

I know this is frustrating and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Evening Asim1994

Thanks for taking the time to post back on the community.

My apologies that you are you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at your connection, and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003247467 and with a review date of 21st December.

Due to the work that is required to improve bandwidth these faults will have review dates as they can be subject to change. The upgrade work itself can involve: implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc.

I know this is frustrating and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Asim1994
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This is still not resolved. I got no internet and have tried ringing you but got cut off.

When is this going to get resolved.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Asim1994,

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for the on-going connection problems that you're experiencing.

I want to look into this further, but I can't locate your account.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm additional info.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos