Menu
nickkcastro
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Broadband 100bmps - DEAD SLOW AT 38mbps!

I have been a Virgin Media user since July 2016 and since signing up for the 100mbps broadband, I have never had any issues with it.

But recently, the broadband speed has been a bit temperamental. If often disconnects my device then connects it again. I'd look at my phone/ipad and it'd show disconnected until I start fiddling with them - it would then reconnect but the speed is REALLY SLOW.

We have restarted the router multiple times but it's not doing anything. Smiley Sad

I have tonight done a speed test on Ookla.com. The results showed download speed is 38.02mbps and the upload speed is 6.18mbps !! What's going on?! This is really unfair as I pay the bills on time. Someone please help how this can be rectified Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
stings27
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Broadband 100bmps - DEAD SLOW AT 38mbps!

Join the ever increasing queue of disgruntled ripped off customers.
Sorry but like the rest of us you will just have to live with it because nothing will get done.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Broadband 100bmps - DEAD SLOW AT 38mbps!

Hi nickkcastro,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with your Downstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos