Menu
munrobasher
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very, very slow internet after power turned off

I had to do some work requiring the power to be turned off at home. On powering back up, my Superhub 3 is running like a three legged donkey. In fact, slower than that. Speedtest.net usually shows the download speed of 120Mbps. After powering back up, speedtest.net won't even finish on my PC but my mobile reports <1Mbps. Bizarrely, the upload speed is as normal (around 10Mbps).

What's gone wrong?? All one did was power the Superhub down...

Thanks, Rob.

0 Kudos
munrobasher
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very, very slow internet after power turned off

Can one export the network log from a Superhub3? The log is full of these errors:

2016-11-09 17:40:01.00
Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
2016-11-09 17:40:02.00
RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
0 Kudos
munrobasher
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, interesting... I left it for an hour, re-cycled the power and we're back to full speed. I'll check the log later.

The power outage might be just coincidence - I have pingdom set-up to monitor my home PC (as I often access it remotely) and the stability of the service has raised some eyebrows recently. I'd googled "Flashing green LED" only yesterday as I've had that a couple of times - usually around the same time each day (teatime).

Is it still worth checking out signal strengths etc?

Another bit of evidence - when I first installed this Superhub 3 a month or so ago, when it first got going the internet speed was awful and I thought it was just broken. But like today, it sorted itself out after a while/cycling the power.

Thanks, Rob.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you've had a bit of trouble with your connection.

Glad to hear everything is working OK now. I've run a diagnostic on your Hub just in case and all the signal levels are looking great.

Keep an eye on it for now and give us a shout if you get any more problems.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos