Menu
pod495
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very slow (yes another) in evenings in Area 14

Looks like it's a pretty standard experience for a lot of customers at them moment.

My deal is 50meg and I get that in the daytimes but it's down to the low single figures or even less than 1meg on an evening.

Was told on the phone a couple of months ago that it would be fixed by 7/12/16 bit it wasn't. So rang again on the morning of 9th Dec i think and was given some dubious story about some 'bad frequencies' that he claimed to have fixed there and then. But still no improvement.

I'm not in the mood for a phone call so lets try this forum angle.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow (yes another) in evenings in Area 14

Ah yes, bad frequencies....maybe a change to good frequencies is in order.....

Also if you have decent speeds during the day, and single figures in the evening and weekends, that's likely overutiilisation. Despite what you were told on the phone the date was a"review date" not a fix date and the fault could rumble on for some time.

Have you been give an "F number" ? Fault reference beginning with an F?

0 Kudos
pod495
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Yeah, I guessed as much.

I do have an F number.  f002923663

And yes i was definitely lead to believe that it was a fix date.

Suppose I'll just have to leave as i doubt any compensation can make up for that drop in speed. Its a shame coz cable was so good when it worked properly. How did they mess it up so badly?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Basically they kept selling in already oversubscribed areas.

Also- the old system of capping on bandwidth worked fine, but they changed it... and the service credit is negotiable although they dont tell you that. So might be worth phoning em again. But only if you've the patience of several saints....

I'm fortunate, mines still fine but its all OAP's as in not the silver surfer type round my way. Couple of those dudes on would knock the area for six...