Menu
jetstream
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Very slow speeds

I subscribe to the 200mbs tariff and have received this speed plus regularly, but since before the Christmas period my speeds have ranged from 7mbs to 130mbs. When testing the speed on Speedtest.Com the gauge pointer moves in "jerks" backwards and forwards, whereas before it climbed quickly and smoothly. I have spoken by telephone to the helpdesk without success. I cannot understand the erratic performance.

Any help much appreciated

zainisthebest
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow speeds

Have you given your hub a factory reset? If you have and it's still not helped then try changing the wireless channels to see if that helps. If that doesn't work either then I'd recommend calling virgin again.
0 Kudos
moof
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

+1 same experience since before Christmas
0 Kudos
jetstream
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for your reply.

I did a factory re-set, but speeds were the same. Have just come off the phone with Virgin, and they have done several tests and cannot find anything. They are now telling me that there maybe local maintenance that they are not aware off, so give it until after the New Year, and if no improvement the contact them again. Thankyou

0 Kudos
jetstream
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have switched to Beta Speedtest and much better results. Now getting a steady 160 mbps..

0 Kudos
wakeUP
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do you fixed it somehow, or it randomly came back to normal??? cause have the same problem with my 150 mb plan, download 1.7 mb upload in other hand 9.9 mb odd, very odd..Untitled.png

0 Kudos
zainisthebest
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You're most welcome! My one has been a bit on and off today as well I'm only on the 50mb service but idk if were from the same area or not, I'm from CV6 postcode area. But I think everyone has been having a bad service on our street and the neighbouring streets. It might be the cable or something in the cabinet, just need it to be fixed lol. I think our cable was put in the early 90s when it was Comtel.
0 Kudos