Menu
KennyY
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very slow speed in the evening in 01 region

Very very slow speeds in the evening. Had this for almost a fortnight now. Unable to load an internet page. I've only joined VM a few months ago and paid for the full 200mb service. This is slower than BT was. Very disappointed.

0 Kudos
KennyY
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow speed in the evening in 01 region

So I phoned Virgin and they said that there was a message on my account saying 'this customer has had their speed restricted because they have breached their data limit'. The customer service guy laughed and said he had never seen this message before. I asked him what it meant and he said he didn't know. I certainly wasn't made aware of any download limit while paying for the full package. Can anyone assist me and explain what the issue is. There are 3 ps4's in the house and the update files and game downloads are huge files/ 

0 Kudos
Stef32
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi mate.Do not expect help..virgin will only say in your area is big traffic and then thei will put the upgrade day on march 2017 and still and still around no sence..just read prewious ad..good luck
0 Kudos
KennyY
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It would be great to speak to someone in the UK who understands the issue and can offer a proper solution. I've now phoned an Indian call centre 3 times and still in the same position. The first guy restarted my router, no difference.  The second guy advised that settings had got into my router and that was the problem. He said that it hadn't been restarted in 45 days and that I should restart my router every 7 days to clear out these settings. He restarted my router again and left the call. No difference. I hesitated about making a third call because not only is my internet not working properly these calls are costing me 25p a minute. Anyway called a third time and guess what, router restarted for a third time. The call centre folk are very pleasant but they haven't been able to get to the route of the problem or advise if there is any issue with my account. The website advises to post on the community but I've done this 3 times and nobody from Virgin has replied or taken any notice. Disappointed with the lack of knowledge from customer support. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi KennyY,

Apologies for not reaching your post sooner. We are not a rapid response medium of support but we should have picked this thread up much sooner.

I'm glad though that you've opted to come to us for help with this, I shall do my best to sort this out for you.

I have thoroughly tested your connection and can confirm that there is no obvious fault affecting your connection - Hub power levels are optimal, the upstream network segment has no errors and peak time congestion is most definitely not a problem here.

However, I would urge you to read our Upstream Traffic Management Policy.
How to schedule uploads provides advice on how to avoid triggering TM.

I suspect that if you (or someone else in your household) were to refrain from uploading any significant data during the times specified in the first link then you'd notice an improvement in speeds.

It's also worth pointing out that if you, or anyone who lives with you, is not responsible for the heavy uploads, then perhaps you should take steps to secure your wireless network and make certain that your devices are fully protected.

Please keep me updated on how you get on and let me know if you require any further support with this.

All the best Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos