Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4 (101 Views)

Very slow speed in Macclesfield SK10

[ Edited ]

Started last Thursday after a VM maintenance on the network on Wednesday (12th April), the speed has been fluctuating like a jojo throughout the day, it can go as far down as 15mb !! (My speed had been 200mb) Talked to CS and a technician was sent out this morning (Easter Monday), could not find anything unusual on the network, nor utilisation, changed my Superhub to Superhub 3 anyway, but it didn't do the speed any good. Another tech is coming this Wednesday. Anybody here in SK10 area or around Macclesfield area having similar problems? Can anybody here help?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4 (62 Views)

Re: Very slow speed in Macclesfield SK10

Its been 3 days since Tuesday at full speed, so they must have fixed it. I guess it was something left over from their maintenance on Wednesdays and unable to fixed until after the easter holidays.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4 (51 Views)

Your lucky, I live in Macc and on 150mb but am lucky to get 20mb in the evenings due to an over utilisation fault with an ever moving review date .

Looking at my SamKnows log for over Easter it looks like they must have been doing some work on the network as the peak speed in the evening was down at 10MB over the weekend although its crept back up to 20mb since. As we were away I don't know if there were any other issues with  it going on and off but have got used the buffering and general slowness now!   

SamKnows graph attached for the last 30 days where you can see the drop from the Thursday to Monday evenings but recovering back to 'normal' since.

file.jpg

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4 (34 Views)

Hi

Thanks for the reply. There is no point in contacting the CEO as he is the root cause of the problems in not sanctioning the extra capex to solve these problems. The fix date has gone from December to February then March and now September. They have given me a token gesture refund which has reduced from the one given to cover December to March to the March to June one (also apparently they cant give a credit for more than 3 months at a time!)

I have decided to stick with it whilst its hovering around the 20MB mark of an evening however if it consistently drops below that I will look at my options as BT/Sky are guaranteeing a minimum of 50mb on their 72mb packages where I live.

The frustrating bit is the lies / conflicting information Virgin give everytime you contact them and the fact they  blame everybody except themselves for not being able to do the necessary work / or stop selling their services in oversubscribed areas.