Menu
kamimr
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very slow speed during day time and evenings

Please if any one can help. I have tried all sort of troubleshooting my connection and I can assure there is no problem at my end. I have 50mb connection and last night after 00:00 hours I was getting like 54mb download speed and in morning 8am I checked again and it was down to 18mb and later in the afternoon it was like 2.5mb and this is now.

speedtest-15jan17-1723(1).png

This is totally ridiculous speed what I am getting over the connection which virgin claims to provide 50mb speed. I understand speed can fluctuate a bit depending on the load but 1.75Mbs is crap why I am paying £33 per month for the broadband only. This speed problem has been there for weeks now and when I check on Virgin website for any broadband issues in Area No. 20 it shows nothing and suggests 'Currently No Known Issues'. I really like to have some answers to explain this speed and any help from other community members if they are having the same problem in Virgin Area 20.

0 Kudos
StNeots197
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow speed during day time and evenings

I'm in area 31, with a 100MB/sec broadband contract. I'm getting 3MB/sec... I'm trying to report the fault but it takes forever to talk to somebody (10 minutes holding the line already)... :-(

0 Kudos
StNeots197
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I recommend that you phone them. I did, and they remotely restarted my modem (which seems to be somehow more effective than when I restart it myself) and played with some settings and now it works okay (around 80-100MB/sec).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey kamimr,

Thanks for joining the community, great to see new members Smiley Happy

Apologies for the slow speeds you're getting, I know this can be really frustrating.

I've just ran tests on your connection and I've picked up on a fault in your area. The fault reference is: F004031061 and it's due for review on the 14th June.

While this fault is on-going you might notice that your peak time speeds are reduced. My advice would be to use an Ethernet cable where possible and arrange any downloads for after midnight.

Sincere apologies for this,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos