Menu
Manicmike500
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very slow speed AGAIN....

Dear Virgin,

When I pay you for 200Mbps broadband, it would be nice to have more than 7Mbps.

I have been told by three of your engineers that there is a problem with the nearby cabinet which causes problems for customers in the area.

I am getting rather frustrated about this, the last time this happened, I had to spend time on the phone to someone who spoke poor English and had me waste time performing tests on stuff that I knew wasn't the issue.  I have bags of experience with I.T and know full well that this is nor an issue inside my house, or with my equipment.

Please sort the cabinet, or change the signal to my property.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow speed AGAIN....

Hi Manicmike500,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I've managed to locate your account and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F002978149 and has a review date of 19th April.

Do you only notice these speeds during peak hours? Or can it be at any time of the day?

Apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Manicmike500
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The slow speed is at all times, at best I am getting 60Mbps out of my 200. Being aware there is an issue with the nearby cabinet, it as though someone has been around to make alterations to another customer and has caused mine to drop. The speed I have now was the same as when I was first connected and made wars if the cabinet issue.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Manicmike500,

Thanks for getting back in touch Smiley Happy

I know this fault is frustrating, I appreciate your patience. As the fault is being reviewed in a week, would you please bump this post on or after the 19th, so we can give you an update.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos