Menu
MrTee123
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Very slow speed 5mbps on 100mbps package

Hi,

I am currently getting around 5mbps despite paying for a 100mb fibre optic package. This has been ongoing for nearly a month now. Have tried calling customer services 2 weeks ago and they said that it should be sorted the next morning but could see no difference. Have tried ringing again today to get it sorted and was asked by the person on the phone to upgrade to a 200mb package so that I will get at least some kind of speed upgrade and may get 100mb if i buy the 200mb package!!

Please can you guys help.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Daren-ITsold
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow speed 5mbps on 100mbps package

Bit random but take a look at the connection from cable to modem.

Is there an extended metal collar or not?

If not, does the cable look twisted/mis-shaped?
Regards
Daren, ITsold UK Website Support
Not affiliated with VM just trying to help where I can.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

MrTee123 wrote:
Hi,

I am currently getting around 5mbps despite paying for a 100mb fibre optic package. This has been ongoing for nearly a month now. Have tried calling customer services 2 weeks ago and they said that it should be sorted the next morning but could see no difference. Have tried ringing again today to get it sorted and was asked by the person on the phone to upgrade to a 200mb package so that I will get at least some kind of speed upgrade and may get 100mb if i buy the 200mb package!!

Please can you guys help.

Thanks

If you are getting poor speed now upgrading will not solve it, typical Offshore rubbish.

How are you testing the speeds wired or wirelessly?

If wireless try a testing with a device connected directly to the hub by ethernet cable. I would test in the morning and again during evening peak.

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

"typical offshore rubbish" is a derogatory statement putting all VM offshore staff in a bad light. they are more polite and helpful than uk advisors but I suggest Griffin you adjust your tone.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you are judging helpfulness by the rubbish you consistently post, then you are probably correct. I would suggest you take your unhelpful trolling elsewhere.

chutwutt
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I made my point, your changing the subject to deflect the wrong doing... 

you cannot judge the whole offshore in that fashion, I hope you do not do this again.

0 Kudos