Menu
TomE_1991
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Very slow internet speeds at peak times and on weekend

Hi,

I seem to have been experiencing terribly slow internet times in the evening and on the weekends. I'm meant to be getting 100+ Mbps and I understand that it's unrealistic to expect this at peak times however 1Mbps isn't acceptable.

I've rang up a couple of times and the person has done something on the router to make it 'faster' however it doesn't really make any difference. Screenshot below of a speed test I've just done. This was done via a wired connection.

What is going on with the service at the moment and what is being done to fix this?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
wrighty1977
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow internet speeds at peak times and on weekend

nothing is been done mate to fix the problem ive had nothing but trouble since the day i joined back up on the 9th of december 2016 ive had technitions out everyweek ive not had 1 full week where the tv or the bb isnt playing up they have been out to my house about 10 times now so ive lost 10 days of work over the last 2 months to wake up this morning same problem as you i called them they said signal isnt getting threw as roughter is flashing green 2 arrows and the wi fi thing is green they said to me before it isnt a fault my end its theres but dont no when it will be fixed very good service 

so your not the only 1 mate they said to me the earliest they can come out is yet again 6days to look at it 

0 Kudos
TomE_1991
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've been with them for years now and 95% of the time it's been absolutely fine. I don't know what has gone on since Christmas but it seems to have gone absolutely awful now, almost to an unusable staff. I wouldn't even mind if I was getting 10Mbps at peak time but 1Mbps is just a bit of a joke really.

Hopefully they can give some sort of definitive answer on here. 

0 Kudos
TomE_1991
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Some images from the Router Status below.

DownstreamDownstreamUpstreamUpstream

0 Kudos
wrighty1977
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

your lucky mines been as low as 0.37 and i even keeped the screen shots to show the technitions on all my devices 

even when im hird wired straight to hub im lucky if i get 30 but its funny as soon as they come out its 100 a few hours later it drops again as if they boost it up when there coming out because i asked him that out right and they can turn it up or down because thats how they send 70 or 100 0r 200 0r even 300 threw they turn it up 

0 Kudos
TomE_1991
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yeah me too...it's a good night tonight!!

Yeah I'm pretty sure they just take the cap off as when I spoke to them I done a speedtest not long after and I was getting 300Mbps which obviously I should never get as I'm sure our broadband speed is 100Mbps.
0 Kudos
wrighty1977
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

i dont no where you live but i live in lichfield and my area code is 31 

even my brothers live down the road from me in 2 different houses they are having the same problem its a joke because we all pay for a service witch no1 is getting i bet they would sort it out if every1 refused to pay there bills lol

i got that mad 2day i emailed the main ceo its quite easy to get his email address so ill see what hapends now 

but they told me there was a fault there end not mine and they keeped changing the dates when it would be fixed the last person i talked to basically said well how longs a piece of string 

0 Kudos
TomE_1991
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Any updates on this from someone at VM?

0 Kudos
TomE_1991
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Awful as usual tonight.

Could I have an update on this please?

0 Kudos
TomE_1991
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Still not even 10% of what I should be getting.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos