Menu
funda1987
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very slow internet on 100MB Service

Hi,

After speaking to virgin who just told be to reset my hub and nothing has improved as I suppose to get up 100 mb but every since i got my broadband (2 months now), I could not even see 20 mb. Therefore, I thought I would try and get some help here.

I am very frustrated as I cannot even watch something online properly anymore as it keeps stopping and I have to wait a few minutes to continue watching. I changed to Virgin as I was unhappy with my previous provider, however, it is actually worse than it was with my previous provider. Strangely, my friend who lives next door (9 doors) has super fast virgin internet for a similar service (just added tv which I don't have). 

So I am wondering why I am paying more to get the 100 mb pack if I  can't even get 20 mb and the maximum I have ever seen was 18.79 mb.

bealziibub
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow internet on 100MB Service

Your not the only one having this issue. I have 50mb and only seeing 5mb at best. Its a total scam and paying full price for a service at 70% of the time you only getting 1/3rd the speed most the time even less. Virgin are raking in the cash while us VALUABLE customers are falling victim to it. I get the same junk when i call virgin after waiting 30 or so mins to be answered by an overseas call center who dont undersand the british accents. Just shows how tight fisted virgin really are. I will be changing my services very soon. If you here the garbage regarding internet traffic? Ignore it. Its also garbage and an excuse to make you hang on longer while they steal your cash.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi funda1987

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've managed to locate your account, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low which is good.

Are you testing the speeds through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please to see if the speeds differ? 

Do you notice these speeds at all times of day or just at certain times?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
funda1987
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI Samantha,

The slow speed is a constant issue. Even wired, it doesn't reach 30MB. Is is possible for me to book an engineer as I am really frustrated with this and thinking to cancel as I don't get what I have been promised.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey there funda1987,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us, hope you're well Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're still having connection problems. I've taken another look and like Sam, I can't see any cause of concern. We need to diagnose a fault before we can arrange for an engineer to call around so we will need to try a few more things. Can you please put your Hub into Modem Mode and perform more speed tests and post your results for us to see.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos