Menu
paul_taylor
Up to speed
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Very slow internet: Reading RG2 8. 6mb on 200mb package.

Consistently over the last few weeks our internet is very poor in the evenings.

I have a Supethub 2, on the 200mb package. And we are only getting 4 to 6mb download speeds in the evenings, and generally all the time over the weekends.

Ping times to one of my public IP's at work (only a few miles away), are going from 240ms to sometimes 1200ms. When typically early morning they are only 12ms.

Power levels in the hub look good at 38 to 39db across all 8 channels.

Please can a Forum Admin have a look at this. My kids are driving me mad, as they cannot Game online due to the slow speeds, and latency. Im paying for the top package, so i expect to get something close to the 200mb, not 6mb.

All testing i have been doing was with the rest of the house disconnected, and just a laptop jacked in via Ethernet to the hub. Service Status page shows all is OK, which is clearly not the case.

HP, Dell, IBM/Lenovo Certified Server Hardware engineer.
0 Kudos
paul_taylor
Up to speed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow internet: Reading RG2 8. 6mb on 200mb package.

Today all we seem to have is 1.1mb, max download speed.

Im paying for 200mb for goodness sake. Call this super fast ?. I used to get more on my basic adsl line.

Im connected via ethernet to the modem, so dont bother trying to blame it on the wifi. Which seems to be common with most the admin replies on here.

** Im also on the phone to broadband support at the same time as writing this. On hold for 26mins so far... :-(   Super fast support as well eh !.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi paul_taylor, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your speeds. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F004548209 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 05/04/2017. 

Please give this thread a bump closer to the time and we will get an update for you. 

Apologies that I do not have more information at this time. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
paul_taylor
Up to speed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Thank you for replying.

If this is so, why does the service status page show green ticks all the way down. Indicating nothing is wrong.

So this means the service status page is not relevant at all ?.

0 Kudos
paul_taylor
Up to speed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Currently 1.2mb is the best we are getting.

Im Paying. Lets say that again "Paying", for upto 200mb.

Compensation ???. When we were on Decosis 2, at 30mb. We never had this issue, it was 30mb all day long every day. Would rather have that now than a 200mb package running at 1mb.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi paul_taylor, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

The outage communicator tends to only show large outages within the area, this particular fault is localised and will not be affecting large amounts of customers apologies for the confusion in this. 

I will pop you a PM to discuss this issue further keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi paul_taylor,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for the information provided. I have popped all the details across to the team that deal with slow speed issues.

They will contact you as soon as they can with more information. They will also keep you updated on the progress of the fault.

Additionally I can see that your upstream power levels are now too high. I would like to get an engineer out to get this corrected for you. I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

All the best

Emma

0 Kudos
paul_taylor
Up to speed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just an update on this.

So we were continuing to get between 1.5 and 6mb in the evenings, and circa 75mb during the day. (Tested on Ethernet).

The engineer visited, all power levels correct. However he said he believed the problem was with the Superhub 2.0. Since he said the last firmware update just "Wrecked them".

Installed a Superhub 3.0, and Bam, 220mb down, and 13mb upload. I have been checking every day for the last week, and its the same first thing in the morning, or peaktime evening. We get 220mb all the time.

So there you go, it was a borked Superhub 2. In my case.......

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi paul_taylor, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am glad to see things are looking better for you now. 

If you do need us to take a further look at anything in the future we will always be happy to do so. 

All the best

Emma

0 Kudos